I wish the civilization stage is a simulation game

I wish the civilization stage is a simulation game, starting from the wild “man” to build, the AI will automatically move, sleep, work, play, eat, and build automatically according to the materials on hand. The player manually selects the building/selects the location/demolishes when he wants to interfere. Design of building can be make by player which only make “parts”, AI will generate a whole building from parts and add function to it and become standard model.

speed up system should be 1: 1/min , 2: 1/10mins , 3: 1/1hour , 4: 1/24hour , 5: 1/1 month , 6: 1/1 year

Player can select a citizen and become first person in the game, play around just like a GTA.
So, it can become a survival game, a businessmen game, company operation game, politic game(?).
speed up system will cut down to 1: 1/min , 2: 1/10mins , 3: 1/1hour

I think we all know thirve have a Far-reaching vision and can be a 100 year project.
So I wish we can nail the biggest vision(which can be achive).

7 Likes

It should be like a strategy game.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn’t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread

still wish the game work like a Cities: Skylines gaming
(I am not saying no battle alowed)

sounds like a good idea til you play the game “spore” and realize that diffrent game modes in one game just bogs down the entire game

I did play spore. Also, how would you ascend your civilization by only being a citizen?

Once you enter society stage, you will control your society as a whole, like a strategy game. This is what is currently planned for thrive

it would be good if you could also (as stated in the original post) play as a citizen if you wanted to do so via a button as well as play as the whole society and design each generation after the previous one reaches a certain age that is set as their maturity stage

2 Likes

Future thrive be like:
-clicks play as citizen
-be born
-be charged for tax evasion when you come out of the womb
-get brutally beaten to death on the spot

2 Likes

Uhhhhh………Okay then.

That took a suddenly dark turn lol

sure but only if you evaded taxes in the life of the previous citizen you played as

No you just were in the womb for too long without paying taxes

This is extremelly stupid and it would be another layer of simulation that would be useless. Also for those that think that the same will happen like in spore. Well spore had five diffrent gameplay loops, while thrive has only got three diffrent gameplay styles that mostlikely won’t be as repetitive as in spore (but we don’t know that yet). Also such level of simulation as OP is saying is impossible. Have it be grandstrategy-like game would be good imo.

Sorry for necropost, but I think this goes for all. Society and Industrial stage should not become Dwarf Fortress.

1 Like