Ideas for the Ascension Stage [Put your ideas in this thread]

It’s the same as this thread (Ideas for the Multicellular Stage [Put your ideas in this thread]), but for the Ascension Stage. Although, there wasn’t a subcategory for the Ascension Stage. :frowning_face:
Anyway, as you know, the Ascension Stage is the last stage that many would call the end-game (or rather the after-end-game). I feel like there would be a need to reward the player. I know that ascending a species means giving god powers, and it’s cool. But there needs to be something else to reward the player. Unlocking a Hall of Fame in Thrive Main Menu (i.e. a section to honor all the player’s species that have ascended so far)? Or maybe even include them as part of a lore of the player’s next game (it would need importing a game save)?

What do you think guys?

I’ve saw somewhere in the old forums the idea of controlling individuals in Ascension Stage and make they do things that the other ones can’t. Like a Jesus…

I’d like to see this.

2 Likes

I once jokingly suggested that the camera zoom out after an ascension gate is used to reveal that the universe of the previous game was all within a cell. The player would then control this cell and the game would begin again. However, after considering this, I think that might be a fun reward if it were a new game plus mode. Perhaps this new game plus would allow infinite mutation points or super speed or other silly changes.

4 Likes

I think in ascension, the universe becomes a sandbox, so you can make planets and stars and play around, creating supernovas for fun or annihilating civilizations by collapsing their star or raining down meteors.

3 Likes

I remember playing a game about a bunch of gardening creatures where the goal was to build a portal to the afterlife, and once your character passed through it the game would procedurally generate an image representing that afterlife. I’m not going to spoil it here, but the way it was done, those images could have real emotional impact.

3 Likes

What is the name of the game?

4 Likes

I had to look is up, but it’s “Cultivation” by Jason Rohrer. It’s in the official Debian repository and is free.

Rohrer makes lots of crazy art games, and works on other projects as well. He’s worth reading up on.

2 Likes

I think something cool in the ascension “stage” would be if you decided to help or hinder other species from ascending.

1 Like