Is there a timeline in where all land vertebrates actually had 6 limbs instead

So about this little headache inducer I soon wondered “If they used the dinosaur tag on all of their dragon drawings does this mean there is a timeline in where all land vertebrates had 6 limbs instead of 4, and that this person is from that timeline”, is it weird? Yes, is it paradoxical? Strangely yes look at the Paradox Pokémon from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, they are well time paradoxes, so perhaps we are experiencing ourselves with 6 limbed human analogues that look, walk, and talk like us but with an added pair of limbs. I mean who even considers a dragon as a dinosaur? I mean we did way back in the day but that was on eastern dragons not the western ones, wyverns I could see being dinosaurs. But perhaps there’s more like them kinda like how there’s more Great Tusks in Area 0, or they are just a generic human being who knows little about dinosaurs.

2 Likes

it seems plausible that there could be a timeline where most land vertebrates have six limbs, especially if most had those limbs as a set of arms (behind or below the main one for primates) or wings for gliding making them more able to survive falling from a high place without a parachute unless their growth was stunted

1 Like

Ignoring the time-travel/parallel-reality aspect for now: yes, it’s entirely possible that life could have evolved almost exactly the same way it has, except with the majority of land vertebrates having an extra pair of limbs. I’m sure that eventually this would be the case in Thrive, as well - although it should be unlikely, given the variety of conceivable ways land life could have gone. What about creatures with only 2 limbs plus a tail? If carnotaurus had continued to evolve, it may well have lost its front limbs altogether - they were already so small and pressed so close to the chest, that they were probably more-or-less useless.

1 Like