Kakhitt | Evo Game

This game takes place in a galaxy, a very large one. Many stars, nebulae, and planets. Now, this galaxy isn’t exactly the main focus of the game, but the setting is here, if you zoom in far enough. Get close enough to one of the arms, and you’ll find a sun-like star, a bit brighter, but otherwise very similar. The game does not take place here, although it is nearby (or far, depending on the scale). So, if you look away from the star, you’ll see a few things. There’s a few planets. Go over to the fourth one.

This is the planet Kakhitt, although right now it’s unnamed. I just like to call it Kakhitt, and I probably will continue, until a species rises to sentience on this planet, and names it. Then I guess the name changes. It’s a plentiful world underwater, with nutrients almost everywhere you can see. There’s not much on land, but it’s waiting to be exploited! Although, there’s no one around to exploit, not too much. Except for one organism, that, with the proper evolution, could rise to the top. Of course, it isn’t doing much right now, just feeding off anything, really.

Suruvatae Suravatus

Meet Suravate Suravatus. This is a multicellular worm-thing, which flits around in the water, using it’s porous (more of a flat surface than a mouth really) to absorb nutrients. This worm is pretty efficient at using it’s energy, and it has proliferated because of a recent nutrient boom underwater. It reproduces by having a gamete bud off the tail, and mix in the water with some other haploid, causing a new worm to be made sexually. It is an invertebrate, and it has a few nerves but nothing too big. The biggest one has been seen at about 3 cm, and on average they are 0.75 to 1.25 mm. (Forgot to include scale, my b)

Now, let’s begin the game. Since so many Suravatus are appearing, there are bound to be mutations. So, here’s the system I came up with. It’s very similar to Noinova, if any of you have played that forum game. All credit goes to Spleehae. I recommend it, but I’m going off on a tangent. Nobody owns a species, and at any time, you may cause one mutation to a species. You can do multiple species in one post, but if you make a new species in one post, you cannot improve on it in the same post. I will be deciding what lives and what dies, although that’s mostly going to depend on the nature of mutations. Random events may occur, and because of these, entire species may be made or go extinct. The battle for worldwide supremacy is on! Oh yeah, also, you need to make pictures for the species or mutations that occur. If you need any help with that, just describe the mutation to me and I will make it.

I would advise following the template below, but you don’t have to. Just make sure you have all of the parts.

New Species (If it’s not too big of a mutation just keep the species the same):

Old Species:

Mutation and Description:

[Insert the picture here]

1 Like

hey Smog, can you make a map of kakhitt? it’l be helpful for what i’m making.

also i’m working of a few new creatures for the planet. will be posting them soon.

1 Like

New species: Suravate finuada
Old species: Suravate Suravatus
Changes: Suravate Finuada has evolved a small fin on its back, this helps it speed up

1 Like

new species: Suravate Suravatus Gigantica
old species: Suravate Suravatus
type: sub-species
changes: this sub-species is slightly bigger than it’s ancestor. it ranges from 1 mm to 1.6 mm, this helps it get more food.

new species: Suravate Suravatus minima
old species: Suravate Suravatus
type: sub-species
changes: this sub-species is slightly smaller than it’s ancestor. it ranges from 0.5 mm to 1 mm, this helps it waste less energy.

i don’t think these two need any pictures, but if you insist i’ll make something

1 Like

Will do! This is a rudimentary map that I’ve made. Replying on email, so some formatting may be weird.

As said, rudimentary. It will be updated as the species and Kakhitt itself changes!

As the Suravatus proliferated, many mutations occurred. Two new subspecies formed, and one entirely different species as well. The Gigantica and the Minima both were stable, and replicated at approximately the same rate as their still-extant ancestors. However, a new species was quickly beginning to take the throne of the dominant Suravatus. Finuada had experienced a beneficial mutation, and this allowed it’s frantic tail-flipping to become faster, the fin allowing for more water to be pushed to each side. While it required a bit more energy to sustain, the Finuada could easily make up for that with the speed of their nutrient collecting. So, in the end, the stable populations are Suravatae Suravatus (Gigantica and Minima), and the increasing populations are the Suravatae Finuada.
Here’s a small tree to show the progression of species so far.

Untitled Diagram.png

You’re fine for not making pictures, Tea, and I like the fin, Oofer! This is a great start! But remember, things that go up come down, and the same is true for the amount of nutrients in the water. The Suravatus at it’s origin isn’t too efficient at absorbing food, so you may want to think about that. And, of course, now that there are so many, there are also many Suravatae corpses littering the floors, being decomposed by microbes. There are also many of them that are alive. Perhaps it’s time to expand to a new niche? Just suggestions, ofc.

Name: Mandibla Cirrus
Old species: Suravate Finuada
Changes: Mandibla Cirrus has evolved thin tentacles on the edges of it’s mouth that help it catch more nutrients and funnel them towards it’s mouth

Name: Mandibla Gibbus
Old species: Suravate Finuada
Changes: Mandibla Gibbus has evolved small bumbs/ ridges on the ends of it’s mouth that help crush the carcasses on the bottom of the ocean. It is now a carnivorous scavenger.

1 Like

The Finuadas are surviving well enough. However, a new genus has arisen, that of Mandibla. Surav worms (as they are now known) in this genus seem to have some sort of extensions on their frontal faces. All of them are descended from the species Finuada, and so far there are two Mandiblas. Cirrus, the Mandibla with tendrils on the side of it’s face, is prospering, because the tendrils are doing their jobs wonderfully. However, the other member, Gibbus, are not doing so well, although they are surviving. The bumps on the side of the Gibbus frontal faces help in crushing carcasses, but since they don’t have proper mouths and only porous faces, they can only get the smallest amount of food out of new corpses. They resort to feeding on nutrients, and they are stable, although they may see a decrease if something manages to top them. The original Suravatus are steadily decreasing, by virtue of not being fast enough, using too much energy, or not gaining enough food. If something does not happen, they will die out. The subspecies, however, are surviving. You can see the Suravatus Gigantica near the larger, while the Suravatus Minima are found near and far. So, in the end, the increasing populations are the Mandibla Cirrus, the stable populations are that of Mandibla Gibbus, Suravate Finuada, and the two subspecies of Suravatus, while the decreasing populations are that of Suravate Suravatus.

(Also, sorry for the spelling errors, will change to Suravate soon)
Untitled Diagram

So far, the nutrient boom is still in place. Species still compete, and the populations are getting bigger by the second. Also, just so you know, a threat looms over the populations of the Surav worms. Don’t metagame though (not that you will)! Competition will come soon…

New Species: archeopredatorum

Old Species: suravate suravatus (gigantica)

changes: archeopredatorum evolved more muscles around it’s mouth, making it better at controlling it and consuming food, so it started eating other suravate worms.

archeopredatorum

1 Like

Old species: Mandibla Currus
Changes: Mandibla Cirrus has evolved frills into its tentacles that help catch more nutrients

Old species: Mandibla Gibbus
Changes: Mandibla Gibbus has evolved hooks on the edge of its ridges, now when it finds a Syracuse worm corpse, Gibbus hooks on and gorges until full.image

1 Like

The original Suravate worms are quickly decreasing, and so are the Gigantica, because they are being preyed on by their new cousins, the Archeopredatorum. The mutations developed by the Predworms help in their conquest over other worms, but not by much. Mostly, they have to survive off scraps that drift up. The reason for this is the fact that the Suravate worms, while having a porous surface, don’t have a proper mouth, so muscles around the mouth really only help to clamp onto big things. Luckily for the Archeopredatorum. scraps abound because of their evolutionary cousins, the Gibbus worms. Mutations have caused sharp hooks on the edges of the bumps, almost like proto-teeth or horns. This allows them to really tear into the corpses, which get small enough for the worms to ingest them. The Archeopredatorum are forced to live off any scraps that float to the surface. The Cirrus worms have developed tendrils on the edges of their mouths, which is great for catching nutrients, and algae! Yes, a new species has arisen from a bunch of photosynthetic microbes coming together. Light-blue algae now cruise the surface of the water, absorbing sunlight and proliferating. The Cirrus have begun to extort these algae, as have the Gigantica, Minima, and original Suravate, not to mention the Finuada. Speaking of the Finuada, they’re beginning to go down in number, being outcompeted by their further-evolved brethren… So far, the heavily increasing species are the Mandibla Cirrus, the increasing species are the Mandibla Gibbus, the stable species are the Archeopredatorum and the Minima, the decreasing species are the Suravate Suravatus Gigantica and the Suravate Finuada, and the heavily decreasing species are the Suravate Suravatus.

Tea, it would be appreciated if you could draw the muscles somehow. Doesn’t have to be of uber-artistic quality, but just for reference. Also, I have determined the location of the Suravate worms on the map. It’s somewhere around here:

As you can tell, the orange area is where the population is spread. Pretty good, hmm? However, you guys haven’t gone too close to the shallows yet, and there’s also open ocean to be explored. Right now, the species are about in the middle of the two areas, although much closer to the shallows. Any overlapping between the orange and the shallows is just an error on my part.

but i did?? i think you should just check the forums, i edited it earlier today, but it seems you recieved the unedited reply in your email.

lesson learned from this: do not make a post before making the pic.

1 Like

Old species: Mandibla Currus
Changes: Mandibla Cirrus has evolved A secondary fin that help it go even faster and escape predators.

Changes: Mandibla Gibbus’s mouth has lost the film that covered its digestive track, it can now consume larger chunks of flesh

1 Like

Ohh my bad, I can’t check the forums at school unfortunately. You can disregard that then, and keep on doing the good work!
The Mandibla genus is swiftly evolving, with the Cirrus and the Gibbus changing quickly. First off, the Cirrus has gotten faster, and while this fin provides a small boost to it’s speed, the main reason it is beneficial is the fact that it helps with balance in the water. The fin allows it to swim in a straight line, rather than going up and down erratically, which most, if not all, of the other species do. They don’t really have a nervous system yet, they’re just relying on their chemoreceptors to lead them the right way. Now, instead of going all around, they have a way to center themselves. The Gibbus is also doing better, seeing as it has more of a proper mouth now. Corpses have bigger chunks taken out of them, and the amount of food reaching the surface is scarce. No updates to the cladogram, but I’ll put the algae there soon enough.

Name: Mandibla Cirra
Old species: Mandibla Cirrus
Changes: Mandibla Cirra now has a more efficient respiratory system, allowing it to move faster for longer periods of time.

Name: Mandibla Gibbus lechus
Changes: Mandibla Gibbus Lechus has evolved to feed of live prey prey instead of scavenging. Lechus has become smaller, around 0.6 - 0.7 mm long. They attach to larger Surav worms and gorge.
There is no obvious physical change except size

1 Like

The Mandibla Cirra has evolved from the Cirrus, and they have much more endurance. The gene for the mouth opening was accidentally copied into the chromosome coding for the frontal parts of the Cirrus. This turned into a proto-respiratory system. The Lechus, a smaller version of the Gibbus, have become parasitic, biting off hunks of their orbitees as they go. Almost all of the species are plagued by this. Meanwhile, the Archeopredatorum is doing good at killing these little fiends, which has caused it to proliferate and increase in population. The Iomubior Fuvantum are the algae now present almost all over the globe, and they are stable, as they increase at approx~ the same amount as the Surav worms (and others) eat them. The Original Suravate genus is beginning to die out, with the Gigantica, Finuada, and Suravatus being preyed on by the Lechus, and the Minima being preyed on by the Archeopredatorum. In the end, the heavily increasing species are the Mandibla Cirra, the increasing species are the Lechus and the Cirrus, as well as the Archeopredatorum, the stable species are the Gibbus and the Fuvantum, while the decreasing species are all members of the Suravate genus, with the exception of Suravatus, which is heavily decreasing.

Evolution Suggestions and Future Paths

• Eusocial Worms? Need receptors to sense each other ofc, nervous system, castes later on
  • King of the seas? Fins and a sleek body shape
  • Senses? Right now, all it really has is touch and that chemoreceptor, which btw has adapted depending on the diet of each species. Perhaps add some more?
  • Exploitation of the shallows? Perhaps there are some nice and tasty things living there
  • Exploration of the deep? Go to the vents, and do some stuff there?
  • Pectoral fins?
  • Skeleton of either sorts?
    Keep up the good work though, the species look pretty nice!

new species: novum predatorum
old species: archeopredatorum
changes: the new predator evolves teeth out of hard skin, they help it cling on to and bite other things, they also help in digesting food(this is a new species NOT a subspecies)

predatorum novum

new species: necrovoria acidia
old species: suravate suravatus (minima)
changes: acidia evolved an organ that makes acid, it uses it to dissolve and break down food before consuming it.

Sans titre

1 Like

Name: Mandibla Cirra
Old species: Mandibla Cirra
Changes: Mandibla Cirra now has a dorsal fun that helps it steer better. Now it can travel farther and it begins to stay near the shallows.

1 Like

Out of hard skin, came teeth. The Novum Predatorum, a species coming from Archeopredatorum, has mutated to have teeth-like bumps on the inside of it’s mouth, which allows it to rip and tear flesh, especially that of other worms. It has taken over the place of Archeopredatorum as top predator of the Surav Worm corner of the ocean. Meanwhile, Necrovoria Acidia has evolved from the Suravatus (Minima subspecies). It is efficient at eating the algae and bigger clumps of nutrients, and it has done so good that the nutrient boom in the middle of the ocean is beginning to fade out. Meanwhile, in another mutation, the Cirra has gained yet another fin, which allows it to steer better in the water. What’s more, they seem to be travelling to the shallows. So, in the end, the heavily increasing species are the Mandibla Cirra, the increasing species are the Novum Predatorum, Mandibla Gibbus Lechus, and Iomubior Causticitus (which will be mentioned in my next paragraph), the stable species are the Necrovoria Acidia, Mandibla Cirrus, Mandibla Gibbus, and the Archeopredatorum, the decreasing species are the Suravate Suravatus Gigantica, Suravate Suravatus Minima, Iomubior Fuvantum, and the heavily decreasing species are the Suravate Finuada. Notice that I didn’t talk about the Original Suravatus? You can probably already guess what’s happened, but you’ll see very soon.
Some populations of algae have evolved! After gaining a mutation that allows them to be resistant to a certain type of toxin, vacuoles have been found in populations that allow them to eject this same toxin, which slows down Surav worms and other species. These populations compete aggressively with their progenitors, the Fuvantum, and currently, the Causticitus are winning. However, their populations are generally the same size so far. They are the same blue-green, and there are no physical differences.
The last Suravate Suravatus worm floats in midwater, resting. It is old, weak, infirm, and hungry. Food has been pushed away by the new species, and it has been the last to hold out this much. All others are gone. It rests for a bit, the tail slowly swishing through the water. And then, a shadow falls upon it. The Suravatus is caught unawares, and engulfed completely by a gaping maw almost 2 feet big. It closes, and the Suravatus is gone. Something new, something big, is coming. And behind it, there are more of them. Dark green-blue stripes on a slightly lighter body, these ray-like creatures cruise through the water, their tails swishing rapidly. They seem to be able to turn if there are obstacles maybe ten feet away from them, and the reason becomes clear. Primitive, irregular eyespots are on both sides of their (relatively) giant mouths. They begin to spread out, to find more food…and more prey. Natural selection is at hand. Which will live, and which will die? Which will adapt, and which will not?

1 Like

Name: Cirra Ocula
Old species: Mandibla Cirra
Changes: Cirra Ocula have evolved weak eyespots that they use to detect nearby food, or the predators that lurk nearby. This species live mostly in the shallows.

Name: Mandibla Gibbus Camun
Changes: Mandibla Gibbus Camun has evolved a sandy coloration on its skin, making it harder to be detected by the ray things

1 Like

In response to the Arruptior Paevis invasion, the Mandibla Cirra and Mandibla Gibbus have mobilized evolution. One has opted to go for detection, gaining a light-dark advantage, and also being able to sense movement. This evolution has mostly been prevalent in the shallows population, which is where they stay. Arruptior Paevis have not reached there yet, so perhaps it is for the better that the Cirra Ocula has become more prepared. They can also find food better now, so there’s that as another help. Of course, these eyespots are not the best, and so generally they still use their chemoreceptors for movement. Near the borders of the Surav worm population, however, Arruptior squadrons have been feeding well. This includes Gibbus. So, to combat against that, the Gibbus Camun has been evolved from Gibbus that had more of a splotchy, brown pattern. Spots of pigment show up on all Camun, and they have a tendency to stay near the sandy ocean floor. There, they gain food and can also hide away from predators.

This creature is the one that has been causing all of this chaos. It seems harmless, perhaps even cute to you or me, but to these worms, which only get about 1.5cm in total, these are absolute beasts. They engulf swarms of Surav worms, digesting them in their gaping mouths. They also have fins on their tails, allowing them to move fast through the water. The one advantage all Surav worms share over the Arruptiors is that they can turn faster. It is small consolation, for when you turn, you still can’t escape in time. However, as we already see, that has begun to change.

70036264-7cf9-4237-b6ad-9a9c8f43cf78 (1)

So far, this is how the Arruptior Paevis invasion has begun. They aren’t too far in, but they are spreading quickly. Luckily for the Surav worms, they are doing the same. I will be updating the spread of the Surav as time goes on, but so far they haven’t gained too much ground. I’m sure that’ll change. Evolutionary ideas still stand, and if anyone new wants to join, they’re welcome.