Let's boast about our IQ

I scored suprisingly high on this test.
88% accuracy in males, probably because I am male
75% accuracy in females
This is significantly higher than average, so I guess I am good at detecting psychotic people
On the websites’s political test, I scored auth-right, with similiar political views as George W.Bush
Website says my iq is 128, took the binet iq test
I also took Face Preference Test and it guessed right that I am right-wing

I honestly find it pretty lacking. Just seeing a face doesn’t give enough details about a person apart from their natural facial expression and how they take care of their own face (detail that can point out narcissism). Seeing them move around or talk might actually help me respond correctly.

Personal hygene is now a sign of narcisism?

No, that alone doesn’t indicate that one is a narcissist, but it can hint towards this kind of conclusion. That’s why just showing someone’s face isn’t enough to identify their psychology. For this kind of diagnosis, you certainly need more details.

I don’t know how I did that but

test result
overall

It says I am a right wing too.

Is physiognomy even a real science? I am also not sure what some of the tests in that website try to measure

Update: I scored 135 IQ on https://www.free-iqtest.net/
That would put me in the 99th percentile and moderately gifted.

i scored 122, and the score is probably kerfunkled by my lack of sleep so i’m gonna retake it tomorrow after i sleep

retake results then?

I have never taken an IQ test but I know for a fact that my IQ is at least above 0.

How do I know? I just do.

1 Like

i forgor :skull:

According to reddit

But the lowest score you can get in the linked test is 74.

The question is wrong. If John is born in the store, he only has to make a trip towards the store 4 times. There are 2 valid answers, 4 and 5.

I don’t like iq tests. They are riddles. They should ask the question outright[1] rather than asking us to find patterns in a bunch of numbers or symbols. That just tests whether we think the same way as the person who came up with that question.

1. they can give an equation to solve ↩︎

1 Like

It doesn’t state that Josh is born in the store, you are just wrong and display a lack of reading comprehension.

Except IQ measures your ability to make predictions using information and logic, mathematical equations have little to do with that while being capable of predicting how a pattern continues is literally what IQ measures.

3 Likes

And neither does it state that he didn’t. We only know that he needs the bottles out of the store, not where he started.

And they put 4,5 as an answer so they were aware of trips that are half of the two way trips. But they asked for the number of one way trips to the store, and they probably thought that John would’ve needed to enter the store in the first place, even if the need for carrying the bottles appeared while he was in the store.

1,2,4,…

Find the next number. What is is it? Maybe it is 8, because every term is double the previous one. Or maybe 7, because 1+1=2, 2+2=4 and 4+3=7. Or maybe it is 31 because 1x29-27=2, 2x34-64=4 and 4x39-125=31. Which one is true? Any number in the number line can be the next number. But we are told we should predict some of them, and not others.

What was I supposed to be thinking in this question?

Ralph likes the number divisible by 5 in the first comparison, not the one divisible by 12. And he does the opposite thing in the third comparison. The numbers differ by 100 in the second comparison, so I don’t think this is about comparing at all. The liked numbers could have been given side by side, so could the unliked ones.

The answer? He likes squared numbers. I know how to square numbers, and I can recognise them when looking, but I lost time because I thought the wrong way.

Everyone should watch this video before continuing this thread:

5 Likes

Does John the newborn infant really need 13 bottles of water?

2 Likes

Maybe John is a recently assembled robot, or he is a human who was grown on a lab at the basement. Maybe he was kept in that store for all his life. Maybe Jack entered the store, decided he was now a changed man, called himself John and we define John as Jack from that point on. This is not that different from how a human egg becames a new person. Maybe we should see the city as a giant store. Maybe this all takes place in SCP3008.

And it just ocurred to me. The correct answer is zero because it is never stated that John, despite needing bottles from the store, has to do it himself.

Who is smarter now, me or the test?

1 Like

Being capable of thinking of an explanation for every answer is useless if at the end you are incapable of choosing the correct one.

No matter how much people try to deny the prevalence of IQ, it does actually have a correlation with success(to some extent). People with lower IQ tend to end up with labor jobs(lower-paying), while smarter people end up as doctors, executives, CEOs, etc.

Overthinking it means you’re failing miserably

2 Likes