Lets create our own language!

Thats actually not a bad idea. I may use that for my cyborg plant dudes.

Anyways, languages!

1 Like

I meant google sheets lol anyway here is the link to edit

I recommend calling it ‘Thrivese’

Thriveian, eh?

Should be the language of the council of elders.

this can be desided by my favorite system A POLL!!! I will add names for the language recomended as we go along and when the language is finished I will close the poll and who ever wins the language gets called that! be sure to come back to this poll and insert your new answer after i change it and for me to add a new language name it MUST be thrive related

• Thriveian
  • Thrivese

0 voters

Also a sheet for the vowel sounds at time frame 1:08 In the video

The First Sheet is for the Consonants Second for the Vowels After we are done with these two we can switch to writen language (I think)

By the way i’m working on setting up the two charts the way he has them in the video, I don’t know what half these words mean. Hopefully we can teach our selves what this means.
Also i’m exited at the fact that i got 2 diffrent people to reply almost instantly!

2 Likes

Well, this is a fairly interesting thread.

1 Like

Im going to make a contribution already the word for ice cream is Winggle-wongle

As someone who is really into languages and itty-bitty of linguistics I love this idea! Are we going for natural sounding conlang, or obviously artificial, just for the sheer purpose of communication? Because a lot of things depend on that. And let’s figure out the sounds we will use - first we need all the consonants, based on what do we want it to sound like (what we might do is to say “I want it to sound similar to…Arabic!”, so we take the Arabic consonants with a bit of tweaks and changes here and there, but that is a bit of a cheating). And only when we have the basic consonants, we can start adding things like vowels, then script and grammar, thinking about declinations etc., so…any ideas? I’m hyped for this! I like the charts for IPA, by the way!

1 Like

I want a completely artificial language that is unlike any other language, unique but not impossible to understand. So not like Arabic or English. I want this language to be as unique as thrive!
@TheXenomorphian
I want the language to be advanced sounding and looking like i want a unique character selection nothing like what we have in English. Somthing that screams Alien and advanced… Something deserving of a similar name to thrive, not just a joke language like Pig Latin.

Anyway what is our constanits and vowls bank going to look like? That is the part we should focus on right now!
Maybe what i’m saying is let’s take all the normal rules of sound selection and through them out the window to get somthing really unique

But anyway what do you think? This is our language not just mine!

I mean, if you want unique sounds, I’m not gonna stop you from coming up with new phonemes, but good luck with that. I guess you could use clicks or something semi-vocal like that, but I’ll have you know that speaking a language consisting of clicks, purrs and squeaks (or even the infamous [t͡ʙ̥]) is not going to be enjoyable whatsoever. Don’t make a language unique just for the sake of being unique. Make it elegant, practical, logical or natural, but don’t just mash together all the most unique linguistic features from around the world. And perhaps I didn’t understand - do you want the language to look like it was developed naturally by an alien race over thousands of years by just using it or do you want it to look like a language that was artificially constructed as a lingua franca (e.g. Esperanto, Interlingua, Slovio…)?

1 Like

That’s not exactly what I meant, I don’t want to come up with new phonemes, but i want to use the current ones we have in a way that is very unorthodox. Does that make sense? I think we should have a language that has stood the test of time, so a natural language.

@Zahyyy Any chance you can use what i said to fill out the charts on the two spreadsheets? I have no idea what i’m doing there.

Thats a lot of messages.

Yep we’re really getting into this!

I can see, and I presume thats a good thing.

I am very very exited to see this baby language i birthed out of my head to come to life! (wow weird way to put it me)

:thinking:
I’m equally confused and exited.

3 Likes