Lets create our own language!

noooo my spelling flaw, it’s haunted me since i was a young boy! Anyway Back to work… I still have no idea how to do the spreadsheet

Ah, my math skills have haunted me for a while.

And yes, back to spreadsheets.

1 Like

So, how to approatch this, I have no idea what any of these words relate to, or what sounds fall under what… :confused: BUT I SHALL NEVER GIVE UP!!!

1 Like

I posted how not to, so here’s a basics video:
(note that I haven’t watched this)

1 Like

This is going to be one interesting thread for sure! I’ll try and add some input myself when I can.

this video seems to be very handy with the sheets that have been giving me problems!

@Zahyyy After looking deeper into linguistics maybe you were right in saying we should start out with the phonix chart of a diffrent language and the edit it, so i’m going to start with the spanish phonix sounds for the constenats cause they are beautiful, and then we can go from there?

Are there going to be conjugations? Because finnish language is known for many conjugations, and remembering all those would give people headaches.

@lastdragon Yes there will be conjugations in the end but that is end game things…

Hahaha, I know your name now!

oh no, not my name! I can’t let ANYone know my name is James Patrick Murphy on animal jam, or I will be muted for 24 hours!

I also hope that this language will be nothing like spanish, where it seems excessively structured. Like, for instance, you can mistake the spanish words for baby and drink if you forget the accent on one of them.

yes that is true like como i think means i eat but with the accent it means who, that is only confusing…

“Eat are you?”
“Sorry?”
“I said eat are you?”
“I, don’t understand”
"(sigh) Nevermind. Wanna go down to the pub and a grab a bite to who?

2 Likes

Have you ever tried not having English as your native language? English is like the opposite of simple.

Have you tried learning a language other than English? Except for the many, many exceptions the language has, English has one of the simplest grammars (Is that a correct word?) of languages (that I know of).

I was referring to the many many exceptions you mentioned. Also, it seems to me that the pronounciation of an English word is almost completely unrelated to its spelling. English also has a lot of implicit rules and oddities that most native speakers don’t even notice.

then there was a scary 3 days of silence, the progejct went untouched I decided to try to rally the troops again!

I will not be satisfied until 9 = Nein in this language

You were probably joking about that but one of the main phases in developing a language is picking a language group and in order for nein to equal 9 we would need to be able to pronounce it meaning our language will be need to be a part of the West Germanic group. Dutch, German, English and Frisian are apart of this group, we will need to be closer to German and Dutch. Congrats we made it one step of the way. I may be wrong on this but I believe that means our writing will derive from Latin.