Lets create our own language!

It’s nothing much, just I watched a lot of videos on this channel →
Artifexian - YouTube
I wanted to create my own language, but where to start… I have had no idea with anything how language should be built. I thought maybe if a few of you guys started chipping in we could make our own language and of course if this falls through it will be called somthing along the lines of Thriveian I am thinking to start with a phonological inventory box (Inspired by this video here)

:stuck_out_tongue: Or maybe not if other people aren’t intrested
However if we do this we should stick to creating one language with one set of rules, so that this may go smoothly.
This will take a long time, and some of us may come and leave throughout the project but i think it can be done!

Couple of sidenotes
I also created this cause most of you are smarter than me.
This might be a fun project to do especially since the forums are kinda silent recently

Dude, i’m no linguist, nor a certified biologist (nor am I good with any of it), but I am in this project a hundred percent.

2 Likes

Yay! Lets go pretend to be the linguists we are definitely not!

Sounds like lingustic fun!

1 Like

Onwards and upwards!
I recommend making a list of the properties our language will have.

Will we use genders for nouns?
Will each character represent a letter, syllable, word or concept?
How large will the alphabet be?
What design will the characters have?
On what medium will they be communicated through?
etc.

Can we communicate through radio waves?

1 Like

I don’t know. Can you?

Let me try real quick.

I for one am a strong believer in not giving gender to things that don’t have genders, so mostly gender neutral terms

Alright, now we are gettin somewhere!

Did you hear anything?

1 Like

I’m not sure.
Wait, I forgot to turn on my speakers.
Alright, try now.

also I HATE conjugating so having more words than English maybe even symbols that show what form we are in and other things like that

Did you hear it now?

Nuh uh. I think we should stick to written forms.

Blast this psychologically undeveloped brain of mine!

FIne, lol make it hard on me lol

1 Like

Let me make a google chart to start off the phonological inventory box, and i’m going to trust socity to not mess with the chart

Its alright, radiowaves are outdated any way. I use electrically charged photons to communicate long distance. Let me know if you see a bright light outside.

Now, back on topic.