Multicellular Organisms!

I just had a flight or fight response to the amogus organism. I’m not even playing. its just scary

1 Like

I don’t believe auto-evo utilizes multicellularity yet, no (I don’t have the game either but from what I’ve seen around here I don’t think so)

i can confirm that it does not do the multicell

trust me, i would’ve seen one if it could…

Tree
I figured I could try some pixel art, but I couldn’t do it so I just made a tree. I tried an Eevee but that was way too complicated for me. Probably someone with more skill could make something better, would this count as fanart?

13 Likes

I made a bunch of different kind of cells because I was trying to test of this new editor (I check up on Thrive every couple months, so I’m just seeing multicellular stage now).

To start, connected to my stem cell, I put production-focused cells and storage cells, that had chloroplasts and mitochondria or vacuoles respectively. I also added a chain of two “movement” cells which were long chains of flagella with mitochondria. My idea was to try making cells as specialized as I could.
Then I branched out with cells I just called “segments” which were just two mitochondria with the nucleus and binding agent when I needed to connect things.
In the front, I used two segments to create arms that extended outward and put “claw” cells which had predatory pili.
In the back, I used to segments to create legs that each had a movement cell and claw cell.

I did mess up the symmetry of the arms on accident and could not fix it since there is no delete cell option, but that was okay. I still enjoyed making this almost crab-like organism.

I should note that I also tried making “blaster” cells which had toxin vacuoles hoping that they would also shoot, but it seems only the original stem cells would blast and it’s rate of fire stayed the same; the only difference was that I had more toxin production and storage.

7 Likes

If you do want to delete cells, from what I have gathered hitting the ‘delete’ button while hovering over a cell will do that. Maybe see if that works?

Your organism looks really cool!

1 Like

Here we can see the first form of Pixelium Treeium. This in ██████¹ years will lead to the highly coveted Minecraft Tree². The Minecraft Tree is the L.U.C.A (Last Universal Common Ancestor) of all other Minecraft Trees. Many of the Minecraft Trees

1 - Redacted for a questionable reason.
2 - Starring in the Famous video game of Minecraft!

2 Likes

Here we can see the first form of Pixelium Treeium. This in ██████¹ years will lead to the highly coveted Minecraft Tree². The Minecraft Tree is the L.U.C.A (Last Universal Common Ancestor) of all other Minecraft Trees. Many of the Minecraft Trees
1 - Redacted for a questionable reason.
2 - Starring in the Famous video game of Minecraft!

Haha, wonder why they were redacted…

Some creature I made with help of autoclicker:

4 Likes

How, how did you do it ?

autoclicker 20 char limit

1 Like

I am concerned about a world seemingly inhabited by life forms like mounted Gatling guns with spikes.

1 Like

upper black thing are supposed to be eyes, those 2 things under it - spikes

Sorry for the necropost, but I think this thread is still relevant.
This is my, very basic, multicellular creature. The blue cells are it’s energy generators, the red cell is a defensive weapon. This creature has two life stages that operate very differently. When it’s young, before it has grown the offensive weapon, it mainly feeds on small non-defensive cells that can’t outrun it. When it grown it’s weapon it transitions to feeding on the spiked plants that inhabit it’s world, using it’s weapon like a spear to puncture through the plants defenses. When the opposing cell is punctured the organelles are spit by the pilus, funneling them into the energy generating cells.
I don’t know if it can evolve further because it already does it’s job so perfectly. Anything big enough to compete with it just dies of starvation.

4 Likes

I like it! Eventually (in my oppinion) you could move the energy producers to the inside of the organism to protect them from being damaged, thus preserving your source of energy.

That is, if you want to not be an autotroph.

I don’t know if I could afford that. The ecosystem is already collapsing around my creature as it is.

might be moving time, then

it happened to me i had 2k people and somehow it dropped to 128 with 1 evolution

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

The population mechanics for multi-cell don’t seem to work well, at the moment. Also, the potential increase to killing potential when going multicellular can cause a huge amount of ecosystem damage. Maybe it would be useful to have an altered system for single-celled organisms’ populations once the player reaches multi-cell. Something like reducing the minimum number of multicelled creatures in a patch for the species to be viable, or allowing a single unit of the multi-cell creature population to cover more than one patch. :thinking: If the creature can move around more easily, it could access prey over a wider area, after all.

Population simulation is not implemented for multicellular. That’s the one place where complaining about auto-evo doesn’t make sense, as it literally will not do anything to process multicellular species.