So I’m sure some people here have heard of My Singing Monsters, where you develop groups of monsters that sing and play music. A similar idea for Thrive was lingering in my head, so i brought it to life here. Plus Thrive Odyssey got way out of hand, and I think this forum needs a nice break. I suggest you go listen to the Thrive Soundtrack on Youtube for ideas.
The way you play this game is:
- You make a change to an existing creature/society, which would be considered evolution, and making it your own. Include the changes in a description.
- Assign the creature/society to an instrument and explain why you think it fits.
- Post your creature/society’s contribution to the song and how it adds on or replaces another creature/society’s role.
The rules here are similar to Darwin 3:
- Make the changes gradual, so no sudden fire breathing or electric guitars
- Make the changes realistic, so no planet-sized organisms.
- It is best you play your part according to and making sense with the stage of the game.
- While not a rule, it is best not to get attached to your organisms, or else any extinction event would be thousand times more depressing than it should.
- The song is in 110 Bpm.
Now, let us begin.
I’ll start with Primum Baspov, essentially a placeholder for the starting species in-game.
Name: Primum Baspov
Stage: Early Microbe
Description: No more than a micelle moving with the current. It lives around hydrothermal vents, which provide it heat and chemical energy. Using the energy and the compounds from the environment, it can manufacture biomolecules within itself, ultimately allowing the blob to split and make two copies of itself.
Sound: The pop from the Microbe Ambience; for a layman, a micelle is a living bubble.
Contribution: At first, it sounds exactly like the Microbe Ambience. Then, after 16 beats or so, Baspov starts “popping” with a rhythm every 2 beats.
Now make this a song for the ages!