šŸ¦  New Microbial Cutscene [Complete]

Update #9
Iā€™m back!
(Dodges bullet)
Wait! I have a good reason for double posting! I added some lighting improvements as well as those bubbles, and I think the scene turned out super duper! Also I removed the fog because that took too long to render. I improved some textures as well, like the rocks, and made the ocean a bit bluer. For some reason, it rendered a bit wobbly, with some lines of pixels being scattered, but eh. Until next time!

4 Likes

yeah like you cant just edit the first post

Dude, iā€™m trying to document my progress, and the bubbles are important

4 Likes

All hail the bubbles!!

1 Like

i cant wait to put this in the game. You will need to pick a musical track for it aswell.

Into the tidepool, hydrothermal or cellular exploration (i like cellular exploration)

1 Like

Who knows, i might just use this and some faint microbial musicā€¦

2 spoopy 4 me

3 skoopy 5 mee

Any news on this?

Sorry, I have been rather inactive as of late.
I will continue work in a day or two. Iā€™d say the cutscene is 60% done, and polishing it off will be just a matter of time. The largest obstacle involved with the creation of this short is the quality of my computer. If all goes well I will be able to get a newer, better one, capable of much more.

Sounds good!

Canā€™t wait to get rid of the placeholder microbe stage intro

Thereā€™s a placeholder?

1 Like

Yep there is.its a video of ink dissolving in water

That is beautiful i like the ink

Lol no it isnā€™t itā€™s long and annoying if we donā€™t have the one by Quantom crab by 0.4.0 release Iā€™ll be disabling it lol.

How are things going?

I canā€™t continue, my computer is basically a potato.

What do you mean?

With a file so large i can barely improve upon it without having delays, not to mention that it wont be able to render with my current setup either, (a mac). Because of this, I will have to put the cutscene on hold for the moment. Soon, I will be getting a beefier computer, but for now, Iā€™m afraid I cannot do anything.