šŸ¦  New Microbial Cutscene [Complete]

The big problem with long answers is that we need more time to read your message. Even though the message would be ā€œworth itā€, most of the words would be entirely unimportant and impertinent. Thus, itā€™s better to write short answers like this one, for we are not on a redaction forum.

again, can we get back on topic? thanks

Howā€™s the progress on rendering the video?

What Iā€™m wondering is that if it is going to take many days to render why isnā€™t @QuantumCrab asking other people to do the rendering.

hhyyrylainen wanna do the rendering

If that is a question, then Iā€™d like to at least see how long it would take for me.

I just spent 3 hours trying to get CUDA working with blender and now Iā€™d very much want to see how fast the rendering is. You can PM me the blender file if you donā€™t want to post it here.

I found something pretty interesting related to rendering: the CUDA rendering is actually slower on my computer as with CPU rendering the first frame took 51 seconds and with GPU rendering it took minute and a half (CUDA decided to break again so I canā€™t measure it again right now). So calculating that there are 400 frames it should take my computer 5 hours and 40 minutes to render the whole video.
That is with my current overclock setting which seem to be way too high for blender rendering (probably has something to do with AVX ), so I wonā€™t be rendering the video, at least for now, because I would have to change the overclock settings to not toast my CPU to death.

Keep in mind that tiles play a large role as well. I think that larger tiles allow for GPU to render faster, whereas CPU needs smaller tiles. This is due to the fact that GPU renders one tile at a time, whereas CPU renders multiple.
tiles

Thatā€™s interesting. If CUDA didnā€™t refuse to run right now Iā€™d try with larger tiles.

Edit: wow, itā€™s much faster now. It now takes only 17 seconds per frame. Iā€™ll actually let it run for two hours which should be enough for it to be done rendering.

1 Like

It is now done rendering. And it is quite blurry as the resolution and samples per pixel were quite low:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3zhcnk6u43c4sjn/out.mkv/file

Hereā€™s a comparison between low (with 50% resolution and 200 samples):

and higher (with 70% resolution and 500 samples):

Rerendering with the higher settings would take eight and a half hours, so Iā€™m not going to do that.

Thank you, so, so much!
Quick question, which applications open .mkvā€™s?

That video I posted so far seems to only play properly with ffmpeg based players. It should be normal vp9 video, but Iā€™m not sure why it doesnā€™t play nicely in chrome or vlc.

hmm, then the outlook is grim for this file, I just tried converting it to .mov on several websites, but it doesnt seem to workā€¦

try using a downloaded video converter instead of a browser one

I also tried several downloaded versions

Ensyn is currently re-rendering so, we should be good, also i added it to the indev build :slight_smile:
Do you want to be given a dev flair since you have officially contributed? :slight_smile:

Im really not sure how the process is but i think you should be considered ā€œone of usā€ now.

I would be honoured to be considered ā€œone of you guysā€.
Thank you :grinning:
So thats that I supposeā€¦ does it have any sound?

I put it in the game and it had no sound.

1 Like

That would probably make sense.
If you have a usable file format Iā€™d be happy to use some editing magic on it (also Iā€™d just really like to see how it turned out)