šŸ¦  New Microbial Cutscene [Complete]

Now letā€™s hope graphics quality can be consistent, in that in-game graphics are at least comparable to this.

Not sure if itā€™s too late to mention at this point, but the background seems a bit too bright, since hydrothermal vents are located at the very bottom of the ocean.
Otherwise, itā€™s looking really great and Iā€™m excited to see the finished product!

1 Like

Maybe this planet cares not for logical formations, and therefore the hydrothermal vent is near the surface of the water.

Ahah, but you see my friend, they are just weird mounds of rock now! (with no smoke, to cut down on render times, im only up to frame 27) So they are no longer vents. Also the bright blue is comparable to the current background colour of the actual microbe stage itself, so thats another thing.
However when I get a new computer I will remaster this scene into something much better, or recreate it entirely.

2 Likes

Speaking of rendering times, what if your computer was to restart/shut down during its rendering?

Thats extremely unlikely as I usually come back at random intervals to check on the progress, but if it did happen, i would probably be able to find the exact frame that it stopped at and resume the video.

Heh, figured the entire thing would lose its progress once the computer boot down, as the saying goes:

WARNING: Once this icon flashes :floppy_disk:
Do NOT restart or turn off the console, all your data will be wiped if you do so.

Well, something along the lines of that.

well the computer never shuts down

1 Like

Microsoft will force updates on you.

One word my friend: :apple:
that way you can hold off on updates indefinitely

1 Like

Is that the reason itā€™s going to take 66 hours to render? :grin:

2 Likes

quite possibly : P

(20 characters cā€™mon)

Thats some dedication. Once thats in game you should get an art developer role

3 Likes

teach me master

(Why tf need at least 20 characters here?)

I think we should add a rule that disallows the little (ā€œi need 20 so im typing more hereā€) lines.
The reason is because this forum was becoming full of low effort posts, its a forum not a message board.

4 Likes

I reckon we should make it a 30 character limit : P
also a dev? you really think so? :grinning:

100 character minimum, that way people have to at least write complete sentencesā€¦

Even I couldnā€™t make that for quick responses to questions that have been asked tons of times. Unless I spammed way more links.

2 Likes

You see fellow forum poster known by the name hhyyrylainen (who is industrial), the rare art of taking forever to say what you are to say on the forum indeed comes down to your skills in stalling, through the use of a lengthy word called ā€˜verbosityā€™. You (I mean ā€˜youā€™ generally) only have to draw out everything you say by expanding conjunctions, creating lots and lots and lots of those filler words and never actually saying anything, to be precise, saying nothing at all of importance, yet making it seem like it is important, though it isnt, but they dont know that, so you continue to do it. Now in this current moment at 7:38 am (AU time), it seems like the vast majority of the recent comments so far have been straying away from the intended purpose of this thread. Continue if you would like to, but I advise that the best cause of action would be to redirect our attention from the idea of reading needlessly long threads back to the idea of a Microbial cutscene for use in the game version of 0.4.0.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t know we were writing essays

2 Likes