šŸ”¬ New New Microbe Cutscene [WIP]

Blackjacksike, please stop double posting
It clutters up conversations, and especially when this topic was meant to just document my progress, it displaces everything.

2 Likes

How is this coming @QuantumCrab ?

I donā€™t mean to come off as rude, but if there was any progress, I would have posted it. I will restart this project once I get a proper PC.

2 Likes

Ahh okay, its fine. Sorry

1 Like

Keep up the good work

1 Like
Update #2

Still donā€™t have a beefy pc (I will be getting one soon), but I have decided to keep working on assets for this cutscene. When I finally get the means to do it, I will compile all of the assets into the final scene. Below is the new and improvedā€¦ HYDROTHERMAL VENT!!!

7 Likes

I thought you said that you would be getting a new PC soon, several weeks ago?

absolutely awesome.

Also, just here to drop in a lil thingy:

Something about universimā€™s opening really just clicked. i feel like you could perhaps use it as a reference:

1 Like

I feel this sort of opening with the galaxy ā€˜nā€™ all has been done to deathā€¦
Lets do it again!
Seriously though, the new game cutscene should be like this, whereas the intro cutscene before the menu could be atom -> dna -> cell -> animal -> tribal -> city -> planet with spaceships maybe -> the galaxy

4 Likes

your idea seems much better. zooming out rather than zooming in. that would be awesome!

1 Like

I mean the microbe cutscene will zoom in, it makes more sense that way.
I was simply saying that the intro cutscene to the game itself (the dna thing) would work well as a zoom out

1 Like

i realised that on my 5th read through on your comment, seems ive mis understood. haha sorry about that.

1 Like
Update #3

Necro time! This is the next update of my cutscene (Iā€™ve started working on it again!)
Iā€™ve scrapped the previous planet, in favor of this way cooler one! It automagically creates bump for the planet texture, as well as detecting what parts should be treated like water and so should be shiny, and has a spicy atmosphere as well! Enjoy!

11 Likes

Woah that looks awesome! for a second i thought i was looking at a screenshot of a planet from a high-budget sci-fi film

2 Likes
Breaking news impactful intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZqmdi5GkFg

BREAKING NEWS: Future Thriveā€™s planet model is revealed. More information at any time
3 Likes
Update #4

Whatā€™s this? Two updates in one day? Itā€™s Christmas here on the Thrive forum; the next installment is the ocean simulation that the camera will dive into! It uses a color ramp that changes the color of the water based on its height (useful for simulating foam). The water here is dark and opaque, perfect for a stormy setting! PS: It kinda resembles a mountain range, but when animated it works really well!
9 Likes

Cool. The planet seemed a bit green to me, though. At the beginning of the game, there should not be any plants on the land.

Alright, Iā€™ve gotten quite a few messages regarding the greenness of the planet, and I would just like to say that the planetā€™s texture was merely a placeholder to test its bump/specular shading

Update #4 - 2

Not really a true update on itā€™s own, but here is a fully rendered version of the simulated ocean. Its not too large, but sizeable enough that I canā€™t upload it on any medium. So hereā€™s a downloadable copy! (Donā€™t worry, its not a rickroll.)
EDIT: Thanks to Lavathor, here is a youtube version!

7 Likes

Itā€™s not a rickroll, but I WAS GNOMED.
I DECLARE WAR AGAINST GNOMES

1 Like