🔬 New New Microbe Cutscene [WIP]

They were meant to be microbes. They’ll probably be colored or blurred in the final rendering.

Really BIG microbes :crazy_face:?

Most likely. A lot of microbes are much larger than you think…

1 Like

But how the first organism (Luca) would be so big? I think you start as a bit of RNA that can produce good enzymes to do things, reproduce ; and a lipid membrane. I dont think it is multinucleate or something like that, its a prokaryote and the first being, so it would be less than a simple bacteria!
Weird! :crazy_face: :thinking: :thinking:

Or the hydrothermal vents could just be really small.

could be marine snow? though that is organic material from lower depths which wouldn’t really be a thing yet

2 Likes

Well, I’m thinking of turning them into those red glowy dots you see as soon as you enter a new game, for consistency

6 Likes

All planets are different, so we should make any cutscene zooming into a planet as clear as possible it is a planet, while keeping the visuals of the planet itself vague. Maybe a planet shrouded in mostly darkness, while the sun shines on the other side, and it zooms in on the dark side. Then, it shows molecules materializing into complex shapes (helixes, webs, idk). I kinda wanna see if I can start on this.

2 Likes

Go ahead honestly. I’ve unofficially officially sorta dropped this project after finding out the game already has a microbe cutscene made for it.

1 Like

9 Likes

So I got busy. Opinions:

(how do i get the yt window visible?)

4 Likes

Put the link on a line by itself. I edited your post for you.

Also the video is pretty good, the speed just feels a bit off to me.

3 Likes
I still like the DNA style, but this intro would fit well if the original title menu background still existed.

Maybe we could make a new one with a cut scene that syncs up perfectly

1 Like

Sorry for necroposting but i need to know, what’s the aftermath? There wasn’t any updates? Is the cutscene trashed? Is there someone working on it? Maybe it’s catalogued in another post that i missed?

This was started before the other new microbe cutscene was made. That was finished and you can see it in the game currently. As far as I know, the cutscene shown in this thread was never finished, so it was never considered to be put in the game.

1 Like

Let the cutscene madness begin(again!)

Just an idea here, from what I understand the game will have a launch cutscene, a starting new game cutscene and potentially a concluding cutscene. Just coming from a ‘professional presentation’ ideal, I think the game would benefit from a more establishing/inferred story type scene as opposed to what we have now.

Now, how would this look?

I like the idea of a launch cutscene starting on a microbe and slowly zooming out seeing animals, then villages, then cities, then like a rocket launching, then the planet coming into view and then forming the thrive logo as the planet become de-rendered (seamless from launch into main menu would be really cool). also should be skippable which would just go straight to main menu.

Then starting a new game would bring you to the setting panel and then once you click start game, it essentially plays the cutscene in reverse but rather than a developed planet its barren, then zooms into a vent, ultimately into the first cell. Then if possible the player is then in control of the cell and the game begins.

The whole point of this is basically professional presentation, gives the player a context to the beginning of the game (sets up the story that they will be playing through with their species), and hopefully makes the whole experience of starting the game be a continuous flow as opposed to a sequence of menus cut to game.

2 Likes

Wow, I can’t wait for this to come out! Finally, some cutscenes look great!

1 Like