Olympus Infernal

are you writing the next round?

i started. i expect to be done with it by sunday.
EDIT: feasted too hard so postpone your expectations to monday

ROUND 41

A giant space worm stumbles upon your solar system, decides that venus looks yummy, and eats it. everyone gets digested and is now extinct. happy april 1st.if it wasnā€™t already obvious this is my april fools joke, now to get back to working on round 9

5 Likes

You managed to get the greatest blessing possible: Double Posting. Itā€™s so good that even hhyyrylainen says that itā€™s the best thing a forum user can do. /s

and when the actual next round is done iā€™m gonna have to do it again!

Do we have an ETA for the next round or is this game permadead now?

no to both, iā€™m just burnt out from school, so i might get a few rounds out during summer break, but i probably wonā€™t be getting any out during the rest of the school year.

4 Likes

I guess this is also the reason why the backrooms game hasnā€™t started?

1 Like

i have finally figured out what caused that debuff to start, and am fixing it. this update should make it much easier to read, especially if you follow a lot of recipes.

should i add a base storage thing thatā€™s just a fraction of the free space in your cells?

this right here was the singular best decision i ever made on running this game

reminder that half points are used after even rounds are posted for the odd rounds

2 Likes

It would be useful for storing resources. Def yes.

2 Likes

my speciesā€™ whole strat is accumulating radioactive compunds for fission, so storage would be very welcome

2 Likes

a few questions i need answered before i move on to putting in the actions and mutations:

1. what type of unit should i use to show how many lipids are being made? a standardized unit where 1 = 1 FUCA membrane worth of lipids, or a relative one where 1 = enough lipids to make all the membranes in one cell of the species producing the lipids

2. what should i call the stat that measures how much of the volume of your cells is already taken up?

3. what should i name the buff iā€™m gonna be giving to players who got an energy deficit because of me redoing the whole system to actually make sense?

4. should i make aerobic respiration be affected by modifiers to the efficiency of burning fuel

1 Like

1 what is FUCA?
2 maybe ā€œtaken upā€?
3 maybe ā€œrecompesationā€,
4 I guess that you may add it, whatever it is

first universal common ancestor, basically LUCA but its THE start of all life on a planet

3 Likes

I think that then the lipid production stat should use the FUCA membrane as a standard unit.

1 Like

how should i mark an ascension perk you got through a symbiotic relationship as/with a species that has the perk sharing perk to differentiate it from the rest of a personā€™s ascension perks?

1 Like

Maybe do sonething like:
ā€¦, (Perk) (From Share), ā€¦

Edit: Itā€™s August, are you sure you can revive this game?

I will try once it isnā€™t unreasonably hot where I am (the high is getting above 90F pretty often this summer) and my computer has Internet, but until then, the state of the area my computer resides is not one that I can do anything that requires thinking and internet as much as I need to for this.

Reformatting is complete! And saved this time! Only, uh, (checks notes) 3 more systems to overhaul, and then I can start actually working on the new round! Oh, also, one system to make new perks was added, not giving any other hints about it.

1 Like

How complex do you plan this game to beā€¦?

Yes.

I also need it to actually have GM usable systems.

1 Like