Original Quotes

Communism is good.
-me

Nope. Communism is bad.

Haha debate on politics?

Let’s not - hhyyrylainen

Revived!

For the last achievement in TF2, I need to increase my artificial post count by 1 million!

Sorry for double post

“Life is filled with sadness and and the truly joyful moments only last for so long”
-me

Sorry if that sounds kind of edgy

Edit: a more optimistic quote from me to cheer you up

“We may be able to live long enough to see the first Mars base done”
-me

1 Like

“Like every achievement in life, seeing the first Mars base done is devoid of real meaning, doomed to end in nothingness, guaranteed to be forgotten.”

(Just to make sure that we don’t get too cheered up.)

1 Like

ill continue the quote
“everything we do in life will succumb to the same fate, but we do things for ourselves, and that makes us happy, and being happy is the most important thing” tekis the teaking

3 Likes

I am a him

Why did you have to give me an existential crisis in an inspiring quote :cry: (jk)

I mean being happy is cool and all but I desire meaning or purpose, however I too agree that it is up to us to make meaning or purpose in life.

having a purpose makes you happy so yea
thats basically what i said

And being happy gives you a purpose I guess? It could go both ways

well wanting to be happy can give you a goal in life
which will give your life meaning

Ok, there’s no objective meaning. But what are you going to do? Commit suicide? No! (since death is as meaningless as life, so it’s not a real escape from meaninglessness, but rather just an evasion of despair) You’ll live! And since we are already here, we may as well enjoy our stay.

“Life has no deeper meaning, you literally are here just to continue the human race, but you can still enjoy your time here, don’t waste it thinking about what you couldn’t do or that you’ll die so life is dumb, do things you like, eat cake if you want, make your time here a happy time for everyone!”
-Nover452

“also buy my youtooz”
-Nover452, probably

Ahh, I love discussing the meaning of life with random people on the internet.

2 Likes

We have avoided falling into nihilism by clinging to hedonism, but I would be interested in the aspects of ethics, since it seems that, considering the conclusions we have taken, egoism would be the most logically sound model to follow, on first sight. I doubt many people would agree that that is the case.
But we would be running astray from the original topic of the discussion and, therefore, I will try to refrain myself from it.

sometimes the forums are casual and jokey and sometimes it turns into philosophy :laughing:

3 Likes

“Hope is the thing the thrivists never forget to have”
-Me

4 Likes

Can human consciousness be reducible to mechanical explanations? — blackjacksike

4 Likes

Here shall be my double post.

Hell is not a place underground where people are being burned alive for all eternity. Hell is a place where you are forced to live with others forever.

If you want to make a God laugh, tell him your plans

The crowd is easy to manage, but for the person isn’t

“If it’s complex evolutionary game meant to be the spiritual successor to a more simple less quality evolutionary game, it will be finished by 2035 at least”-me
“Platypuses are 100% the player species of the this game, no way in Belgum anything more wonky then this exists”-also me