Currently we have quite a lot of outreach stuff which is being shared between the team and we’d like to take someone (or maybe a couple of people) on who would be keen to help with this stuff.
Why is this good for you? You don’t need a huge amount of skills to join the dev team. You will have an awesome thing for your CV about how you are helping market a large games project. The work is pretty straightforward and kind of fun. We can teach you how to do all this stuff.
Things that you could be involved in:
- Helping manage the twitter and facebook accounts, replying to people and engaging the community generally.
- Updating the wiki with decisions as they are made by the team.
- Making and updating a press kit.
- Researching games journalists and streamers who might be interested in Thrive and making contact with them and, hopefully, building relationships.
- Other outreach stuff you can think of to help promote and build the project.
To apply you need to have good written English and you need to have some time each week you would like to contribute to the project. Thrive team members are free to contribute as much or as little as they like and come and go as they please, which is fine, however if you want to begin on this role it needs to be in a spirit of actively wanted to engage with this stuff and put some effort into it.
If you are interested in this role please email us (or you can post in this thread). If you have experience of doing this sort of thing please include examples of what you have done.
If you don’t have experience then please try making a press kit for Thrive as a sample of the work you can do. Here are some instructions on how to do that. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just a starting point, we can work on it together up to the point there it is good enough to be sent to games journalists.