aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 4:22pm
121
You can close the poll then probably
Deathwake
(i nuked zenzone and will never let him forget it)
May 3, 2025, 6:30pm
122
Looks great! I’d love a smaller case and motherboard than I have tbh, yours looks real cute. Mint is one of the OSes of all time, I recommend it.
Also I have an 850 watt PSU, I think it’s an appropriate amount of PSU, it’s future proof if you want a beefy GPU one day
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 6:32pm
123
What is the highest generally used wattage?
JustaDumbThriver
(People's Supreme God King of the NDAF)
May 3, 2025, 6:32pm
124
Here’s the updated list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yqFcjn
And I think the 1650 will do for a bit.
Deathwake
(i nuked zenzone and will never let him forget it)
May 3, 2025, 6:35pm
125
Oh yeah a 1650 is a perfectly good GPU for KSP, complete overkill if you don’t like mods. If you do want, say, every mod, I’d recommend a 1660 or 1070 as a drop in upgrade (they do require PSU cables)
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 6:36pm
126
At which point does one enter watercooling necessity?
Deathwake
(i nuked zenzone and will never let him forget it)
May 3, 2025, 6:39pm
127
Necessity? Probably never (wafer scale tech? Quad GPU setups?). It’d be a really good idea if you dislike thermal throttle/fan noise and dust everywhere? Me if I upgrade my CPU and get a cute little case like I want.
1 Like
JustaDumbThriver
(People's Supreme God King of the NDAF)
May 3, 2025, 6:42pm
128
I wanna install RSS/RO/RP1 on it, and those mods can eat up some RAM apparently.
And KSP does not really use much GPU apparently…
1 Like
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 6:44pm
129
From which point should water cooling be used from though?
JustaDumbThriver
(People's Supreme God King of the NDAF)
May 3, 2025, 6:51pm
130
I decided I might as well use a 1660.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g2vg4p
1 Like
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 6:51pm
131
Is this the final change to the plan you think?
JustaDumbThriver
(People's Supreme God King of the NDAF)
May 3, 2025, 6:52pm
132
It very well could be, since I don’t want to go past $900.
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 6:53pm
133
And you are nearing this limit, correct?
JustaDumbThriver
(People's Supreme God King of the NDAF)
May 3, 2025, 6:53pm
134
$60 dollars from the limit…
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 6:58pm
135
I suppose there’s still room for one or two improvements…
JustaDumbThriver
(People's Supreme God King of the NDAF)
May 3, 2025, 6:59pm
136
I’m pretty happy with the PC, so I geuss I just study the building.
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 7:01pm
137
You mean the casing of the PC?
aah31415
(The maker of SitF, Radiostrocity, The Lifenote and TGBing; The Second Ascended...; And just maybe a security warning come alive...?)
May 3, 2025, 7:03pm
139
Oh. How long do you think this theory of the building will take to learn?
JustaDumbThriver
(People's Supreme God King of the NDAF)
May 3, 2025, 7:22pm
140
Apparently it’s easy to build a PC, but watching a single video isn’t as good as watching multiple. More watches = better.
1 Like