Poems and Short Stories Thread

Post all of your poems and short stories that you want trusted people to look at. I swear you can trust this community to be kind and fair in judgement.
I’m just kidding I don’t really care if people critique or not this is just to put stuff in since there’s no current thread for this.

1 Like

I have one critique, that’s not specifically targeted at you: I’ve seen many threads be created for some specific thing and the OP doesn’t even post one of such things in the first post. And then the thread is abandoned. So there’s just threads floating around with the idea of some kind of thing they are supposed to have but there are 0 posts like that in it.

Guess I will get to writing. I have a few ideas for stories.

1 Like

Well well well you’ve listen to my idea
Dont you agree this is tidier
for as you see the poems are nice
and writing them Will suffice
for entertainment and fun
because you have a ton
of ideas for ways to rhyme
like flying falling doing crimes
this is a poem made by the xenmorphian
signing out

i had something else i wanted to post but i feel like thats spam and thats not nice with toast

:sob: A Haiku of a true story of true sorrow and sadness (directed at @hhyyrylainen) :sob:
Sadness I am sad
My haiku ignored; Unloved
I am heart broken!
:sob:
2 Likes

Speaking of poems…

1 Like

I like poems

But now I don’t.

Because of some flying saucer named Steve.

So I guess i’ll make rhymes, to fit with the times.

Listen here Steve, you’ve become my pet peeve.

1 Like

A sci-fi themed
poem for those who gleam
happily when seeing anything Ftl
hold on a minute my father’s Dhl
has arrived

2 Likes
The Strong Will Live

One day I was on a maglev to some tourist facility in the middle of the jungle. My friend and I were sitting next to each other and were watching the news and we saw another group of people killed by a murder organization (terrorists in the truest form) in the middle of a plaza. The organization’s motto is “no one is safe, the strong will survive”, they work by killing people in public to show that no one is safe anywhere and they are rarely caught by police. They also operate all around the globe. Where the maglev stopped, my friend and I got off and began walking toward the facility. I saw two black figure climb over the rail next to us, and in only a few seconds, they ran to the pair of teenagers in front of us, slit their throats and then dashing away into the jungle. Later, after returning to my home town, I was walking home from the station. After entering a solitary back road near my house I was quickly surrounded by a group wearing black full body suits. Their leader (wearing a suit with a red symbols on the chest and head) gave me an option, kill someone and get away with it or die, my choice is clear. After agreeing to kill someone for my life they simply said “we will be watching, you have 2 weeks”, they then disappear into the alleys. After getting home I said nothing of the incident to my parents and went on my daily routine. I began to think about who to kill and I decided that the old lady who lives across the street from me is a good target, no one visits her and she rarely leaves her house other than to get food, she knows me and knows that I know her grandson. After four days of preparation I knocked on her door and she opened. “Hi, I’m Markus, do you remember me?”, “yes” she replied, a slight grin forms on my face, “Your grandson forgot his phone in his room, would you get it for me?”, she replied “I don’t know where he leave it but I can search”, “I will help you” I said, “thank you, you’re a kind young man.” At this point, I was extremely relieved, the hard part is over, now I just need to keep the act up until the right moment arrives. After leading me to her grandson’s room (he just left to go back to college) she began by looking over the floor then took the covers off the bed, this was the perfect moment. I took chloroform covered rag out of my pocket and quickly subdued her, putting her on the blankets and rolling her up, I “borrowed” an old van I had found in an alley and had parked it close to her back door. I rolled her outside then put her in the van. I drove to a nearby lake outside of town and got out. I put a brick on the gas pedal and quickly retracted my arms. The van plunged into the water and I began my walk home. In the same road they trapped me in the first time, they surrounded me again. Their leader introduced herself as Ashley and welcomed me into their organization, I had originally only does this for my life but after killing the woman myself I had a rush that I had never felt before, it felt good, so I became excited at the words. She told me that there is a meeting of new members tonight at an old warehouse at the edge of town, I wrote down the address and said goodbye, continuing my walk home. When night arrive I left my house and went to the warehouse. There were more people than I had expected, the warehouse had been cleared out and it was filled with people, one half were wearing black while the other half were wearing normal clothing, I joined them. Ashley walked onto the stage and began to talk “Welcome, you have been given a great priledge, the privledge of life” (I realized that the other must have been recruited the same way I was.) Ashley continued “A privledge that too many take for granted, this world is cold and heartless and the weak hide behind their government. However, those government have become weak, and can no longer protect those they are charged with. We are here to show the world that their are no more shield protecting them, that the weak will die, and the strong will live.” After that the members wearing black began cheering “the strong will live.” The recruits began joining in until I eventually joined in. All I could think about was “this is the beginning.”

Note that my name is not Markus. This story was inspired by a dream I had, actually the beginning jungle section I restated the exact scene that played out in the dream.

1 Like

Roses are red
santa stores all of his presents in a sack
Hola everyone im sort of back

3 Likes

This is not mine. I wonder who else have read this.

Where will you go, you clever little worm, if you bleed your host dry?

Back in your ride, the night is still young, streetlights push back the black I neat rows. Off to the right a graveyard appear, lines of stones, bodies older below. Turn away quick, bob your head to the seat, as straight through that stop sign roll loaded truck with lights off slams into you broadside, your flesh smashed as metal exploded.

You may have been free, you loved living your lie, fate had its own scheme crushed like a bug you till die.

Soon, now, you’l join those ranks of dead or your ashes the wind will soon blow. Family and friends will shed a few tears, pretend it’s off t heaven you go. But the reality is you were just bone and meat, and with your brain died also your soul.

Send the dying to wait for death in the comfort of retirement homes, quietly/quickly say “it’s for the best” it’s best for you so their fate you’ll not know. Turn a blind eye back to the screen, soak in your reality shows. Stand in front of your mirror and yo preen, in plastic castle you call home.

Land of the free, land of the lie, land of scheme Americanize! Consume what you don’t need, stars you idolize, pursue what you admit is a dream, then it’s American die.

Get in your big car, so you can get to work fast, on roads made of dinosaur bones. Punch in on the clock and sit on your ass, plying stupid ass games on your phone. Paper on your wall, says you got smarts. The test that you took told you so, but you would still crawl like the vermin you are, once your precious power grids blown.

Land of the free, land of the lie, land of the scheme, Americanize.

Now that I have you held tight I will tell you a story, speak soft in your ear so you know that it’s true. You’re my love at first sight and though you’re scared to be near me, my words penetrate your thoughts now in an intimate prelude.

I look in your eyes, hey were so dark, warm and trusting, as though you had not a worry or care. The more guiless the game the better potential to fill up those pool with your fear.

Your face framed in dark curls like a portrait, the sun shone through highlights of red. What color I wonder, and how straight will it turn plastered back with the sweat of your blood.

You wet lips were a promise of a secret unspoken, nervous laugh as it burst like a pulse of blood from you throat. There will be no more laughter here.

I feel you body tense up, my hand now on your shoulder, your eyes… Forget the lady called luck she down not abide near me for her powers don’t extend to those who are dead.

I thought you would understand that I could keep you, let you be the master of your fate… knowing full well what’s at stake? My pretty captive butterfly colorful wings my hands smear… I somehow repaint them with punishment and tears.

Violent metamorphosis, emerge my dark moth princess, I would come often and worship on the altar of you flesh… You shudder with revoltion and try to shrink far from me. I’ll have you tied down and begging to become my Stockholm sweetie.

Okay, talk is over, words are placid and weak. Back it with action or it all comes off cheap. Watch close while I work now, feel the electric shock of my touch, open your trembling flower, or you petal I’ll crush.

Log #811-14

Start log

“Request to access dwelling #811?”

“Please display your ID. Thank you”

“Patient #811, please show yourself”

“Some things are better left unseen”

“For the purposes of this meeting I strongly suggest you show yourself immediately. Take this seat if you please. I would like to ask you a few questions today patient #811

“How many?”

“Such information will be revealed to you once this meeting is over”

“[unintelligible]”

“I’m sorry?”

“[unintelligible]”

“When did you first observe the change?”

“Late 2006”

“What was the first… change?”

“I don’t know, man, could have been anything. I think it was a cupboard opening”

“And the first aggressive modification?”

“What counts as aggressive?”

“What was the first time you were hurt by any modification?”

“[unintelligible], I think it was something small, like my sink overflowing with hot water, if you can call that small [laughter] the prices for tile repl-“

“If you had to decide, are most modifications aggressive or passive?”

“Passive, definitely”

“Elaborate”

Well, most of the time the changes don’t impact me all that much. Like, a hall moving. Basic stuff”

“I see. Are you familiar of the whereabouts of Mr.?”

“[unintelligible] how did you know?”

“How did I know about what?”

“About his family. About him! Do you have him?”

“If we had him in custody I wouldn’t be asking for his location. Furthermore, what do you mean his family? Mr. has no close relatives”

“Not his family. His family”

“Patient #811 please elaborate”

“His. His!”

“Dr. to medical bay. Please deliver standard dose of antidepressant into patient #811’s IV. I ask you once more, who’s family are you referring to?”

“He-he’s always there. It’s not him, but… it’s like this one is more him than all of the others”

“Are you referring to your dwelling?”

“N-yes. If that’s what you want to call it. It’s like… he’s in it, but… he’s in all of them. But this one is different. It’s like he’s awake”

“Very well. What is your connection to Mr.?”

“I just bought the house of him, that’s all! Why do you even care?”

“I am asking the questions here patient #811. Did Mr say anything out of character before selling you your dwelling?”

“No”

“Very well. Last question. Have you ever seen any other dwellings that contain waking variants of him other than your own?”

At this point in the log patient #811 stares directly at Dr. for a period of time until patient #811 breaks eye contact with Dr..

“Dr. to medical bay. Please deliver standard dose of anesthetics to patient #811

End log

Edit: apparently when I typed [ removed ] it just… well removed it so just pretend it’s there. It was only there for names and the like.

Sorry for the double post, but also not really

Omniscient

You lay awake in bed. You are listening to 80’s pop on your phone before you heard something. The night light down the hall flashes. You blinked. A figure in the doorway made you jump. The lights flash on. “What the hell are you doing?”, exclaims the voice. It was your dad. You explain that you couldn’t sleep but he wasn’t having it. Leaving the room with your phone you face the ceiling eyes slowly closing.

Eyes still closed you hear a faint whisper of wind. It seems you left the fan on you might want to turn it off. Go on, get up. Why are your eyes so wide. Don’t make me make you do this. Yep. That’s it. Thank you. You are looking around. What are you doing that for. Yes, it is quite an interesting ceiling, now I would suggest running, he is here. You seize up. I can’t help you you know if you don’t do what I say.

Listen I’ve done this before. The man downstairs has a gun and he found the stairs. Turn around. You’re not going to fight him. I wouldn’t suggest it. Open the window. You may want to hurry up, he’s at the top step. Not to loud! Too late. Jump. He doesn’t even have ammunition, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t move. That’s it. Now when your dad finds you he will think you committed suicide and you need to explain to him that there is still someone in the house in your closet.

What do you mean how do I know? Ah, I see. My name is of little to know importance. What is of importance at the moment is that if you took the breath that you took seconds ago a mosquito would be aware of your presence and it will have bit you just now. You didn’t notice it. You will. That’s an interesting question. Well, I didn’t slap it most fundamentally because I don’t have a physical body, but I could have told you to. My experience with time tells me that no matter how hard you may want to, time is unchangeable. Yes, I could tell you that. No I’m not going to.

Here comes your dad, you know what to tell him. He can’t know. No he cannot hear me. You could even make the argument that I am in your head, but that wouldn’t explain how I know that there is still a person in your closet watching you. You look up. You shouldn’t have done that. Look away. I am telling you to look away. He is now climbing out of the closet. Tell your dad. Good.

As the man slowly steps out of your bedroom a second mosquito buzzes through your window. Following the man, she climbs onto his back. She finds an opening in the clothing, and pierces the skin. On edge the man swipes at it, causing the proboscis to snap and the mosquito to die even before the man reached the last step.

Unfortunately for the man the mosquito struck an artery. And unfortunately for the man a particular sized puncture was created for blood to flow out of him. Within minutes the clothing was damp with blood. Laying on the wood floor he wondered how he could die at something so insignificant as a mosquito.

Edit: one missing h that was going to drive me to insanity

Roses are red
violets are blue
Holy fuck thats a nice story
here have my shoe

1 Like

I am necropost
Don’t know what to do with life
I just do something

I post three haikus
Have to change one of the three
This is just so sad

Why am I so bored
Is what I do that boring
Probably it’s true

I guess this exists now

Dumb Thing

Bread Crumbs are a way of life,
They make everything exist.
Without Bread Crumbs nothing’s fine
Nothing could possibly resist

All things are based in Bread Crumbs
Everyone knows that
Even when you take a loan
Or you buy a hat

Of all things Bread Crumbs can create
Potatoes surely are surprising
They look strange, people give them hate
For a reason in the middle of an uprising

I inmensely like eating potatoes,
but i cannot manage to go out.
What will i do if i only find tomatoes
And of it’s origin they make me doubt.

I eat potatoes and also Bread,
But don’t forget about the Crumbs,
They get all over my bed
Wait why am i hearing drums?

I guess i’m now in a marching band
Where are we going i don’t know
But they offered me a lot of land
In a region with a lot of snow

1 Like

God this sounds like a main character x reader fanfiction

So I guess I can make more rhymes
But it’s hard in this times
Because we’re in quarantine
I don’t have any inspiration
I can’t even see my own nation
We ran out of caffeine
Almost no food what will we do
Thirst is what I have
I want a kangaroo
Now more easily I laugh
My mind is gone now
But these things I allow
I ran out of ideas
So i’ll just say King Midas

1 Like

Loved this ngl, I wonder how will the story go in the next few episodes.

They will meet an EA possessed zenzone and then DeepSix. They will ask for BowlDawg aka the king of things for help because EA workers are pursuing them every hour, every day.

I don’t remember if it was you or Nover that started this story

It was Nover I think

Also

Spoilers for the series

BowlDawg dies.