Preparing Thrive folder failed with error: System.IO.IOException: Read-only file system

when I play thrive 0.6.0 it said : " Thrive failed to run due to the following error: Preparing Thrive folder failed with error: System.IO.IOException: Read-only file system : ‘/Thrive-Launcher/installed’
at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at LauncherBackend.Services.ThriveInstaller.EnsureVersionIsDownloaded(IPlayableVersion playableVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at ThriveLauncher.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.CheckFilesAndStartThrive(IPlayableVersion version)
"

I assume that is on an Intel based mac? Before putting out launcher 2.0.1 I forgot to test that one platform, and sure enough I hadn’t accidentally fixed the problem there. I plan to correct it pretty soon and release launcher 2.0.2.

Here’s the issue on Github:

when I play thrive 0.6.0 it said : " Thrive failed to run due to the following error: Preparing Thrive folder failed with error: System.IO.IOException: Read-only file system : ‘/Thrive-Launcher/installed’
at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at LauncherBackend.Services.ThriveInstaller.EnsureVersionIsDownloaded(IPlayableVersion playableVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at ThriveLauncher.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.CheckFilesAndStartThrive(IPlayableVersion version)
"

Why did you post that here?

I moved this to the right thread, but I don’t get why you posted the same problem again in a different thread. That has absolutely no effect except taking up my time which I could be instead using to actually solve the issue.

I found the root cause and fixed it (it was because some user folder retrieving functions were returning empty values). Launcher 2.0.2 will be released probably on Thursday that includes the fix.

1 Like

we need a launcher launcher to easily update our launchers

It’s just a few clicks, Though to be fair, it’s no clicks required for the Linux (Flatpak), Steam and itch versions.

2 Likes

The new launcher version is out now: Release Launcher 2.0.2 · Revolutionary-Games/Thrive-Launcher · GitHub

1 Like