Quick Question Thread

I don’t know how accurate this is but regarding phosphate from what I could find about actual living things it seems to only come from rocks being dissolved or breaking down other living things, and if this is the case then there would be a reason for not having phosphate production other then the game maybe being to easy/people being allowed to be lazy

One of the reasons phopshate producing organelle is not included is because on Earth there doesn’t seem to exist any bacteria that could produce phosphate. Whereas there are a lot of nitrogen fixing going on on Earth.

1 Like

Okay and sorry if I am being rude but I thought that could be a reason yes

But thank you for responding tho

That is highly unlikely at this stage of Thrive, the Cell Stage of Spore is more akin to a fish stage.

2 Likes

If I find bugs in the test version where do I report them?

You can report them in the Release Candidate thread.

1 Like

And how should I post them?

So will the limbs system be like spores and be a drag menu or will you be able to make your own limbs using muscles, bones, etc

It seems it will be a sculpting system where you can make your own limbs

That sounds good i read the wiki page and it was giving me spore vibes The worst kind of vibe

Make a post with descriptions of the problems, and also when / how they happened. Also for best kind of reports also include the game logs (put them on pastebin.com).

how would the player experience an organism that has a 360° vision? Would it be displayed like a 360° picture? Or would the player be able to rotate the visual? (as if he had a neck)

Edit: Necro, ha ha

1 Like

Also (sorry for hijack) how would a creature with multiple eyes pointing in different direction work?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant

1 Like

i think they mean that the creature can only see certain places, and there a still blind spots

How will movement in solar systems be organised? Will there be real orbits (as in KSP) and time or we simply will do Stellaris/Spore like system?

1 Like

But how would the player see the world as a creature with composite eyes that sorround the head

Probably something for VR. As for a regular monitor, well… I’d be interested to see what the devs have in mind.

That’s an excellent question, and definitely a belgiume to answer.
I don’t recall if we ever came up with any concrete plans regarding perspective in the later stages, so I cannot give any definite answer. However; Assuming we are going with first person perspective that changes based on the sensory layout of the organism, we will either need to allow the player to turn their “focus” around completely 360 degrees (But have a sort of radar ping when something enters your visual field of view outside of focus), or allow the player to use third person view.

Good question; And not one I can rightly answer at the moment I am afraid. The space stage is incredibly far off and is not concrete in design. In my honest opinion, I feel that involving orbital mechanics in full detail could make for a really steep learning curve.
I would personally love it, but just remember that KSP is based entirely around the concept of orbital mechanics, and is made for people who love orbital mechanics. Many players may not like the intensive calculations and minute design decisions and management they would be forced to make to get things where they need to be. I should mention that at this point you will be managing an entire space faring civilization at this point, so it could potentially be intense if you have to constantly think about the current orbital alignment of each vessel and station.
It is possible we may end up with something closer to a strategic generalization of what’s going on, such as how Stellaris’s star map is laid out instead. But I cannot make any promises until we get to that point.

3 Likes

The early space stage is all about making your planet’s first spaceships and flying them around your solar system.
So at that stage, it makes perfect sense to model how rockets actually fly between planets.

Of course later on when you are controlling fleets or hundreds of ships, you won’t be making manual adjustments to their orbits, instead they’d fly themselves to where you want them to go.

4 Likes