Quick Question Thread

Do you mean gaseous worlds as in Gas Giants?
If so, sentience would be near-impossible due to the lack of solid material, let alone sapience.

Basic hot-air balloonesque life forms could be possible in real life, and interesting, but would probably not be possible to play as in Thrive as choosing this path would be a dead-end. Not to mention it is not LAWKI. Still, these would be cool npc creatures that you could visit during space stage.

Yes, gaseous worlds as in gas giants.

But, what if those gas giants were to have a kind of floating island? If something were to form under any type of landmass, something with enough air in it to act like a helium balloon, could that create a floating island?

It’s probably not scientifically possible, since Thrive is following standard scientific theory, but the thought of hot-art balloon creatures with multiple tentacles / feelers inhabiting floating sky cities is an amazing, yet surreal thought.

Well, the thing is that floating landmasses would indeed be very impossible, as the gas must be heavier than the islands, which im pretty sure isn’t a thing.

Not to mention that the Gassy life forms wouldn’t evolve to reach sapience even if they could, as there would be no benefit from doing so. They would probably work better as grazers. Even if they did become intelligent creatures, cities on floating landmasses would be pointless. They would most likely work better as nomads.

Cities from aliens that are constructed on the lifeforms, now that would be possible and very interesting.

Cities built atop of hot-air ballon organisms that are somewhat nomadic? Is this heaven?

1 Like

Coud u have open and closed circulatory system and whoud there be any difrences?
Edit: If u dont know what that is http://www2.gsu.edu/~bioasx/closeopen.html

whens the next podcast?

Currently there isn’t one planned so I can’t really say.

(Also I wasn’t fully sure in which thread this post should go in)

okay im a big fan of thrive so far the game sounds promising and the work you’ve done well not large to others is fantastic! I can’t wait to make my own creature and civilization.

Somlere i herd that the early tribal whoud be like The Sims is that true

Yes, early tribal eras in Thrive will be like the Sims, only it it’ll be much better.

There’s no such thing as a tribal stage in thrive if you mean the Awakening stage according to the wiki it says that early Awakening would still have you control your creature until you invent cooperation by interacting with enough of your species (The triggers for the inventions are kinda fuzzy right now so i don’t know) When that’s unlocked you can order your guys in strategy mode which is more like an RTS

In conclusion it is like the sims in the fact that your guys may choose to not listen to your orders unless you do so a hundred times.

Sorry i forgot what the tribe stage was called

So thats what it’s called? Nice, I like that.

Quick question, will biological warfare be in Thrive?

If so, can we launch projectiles from orbit containing a chemical gas that can kill off a large population of a single race?

Maybe someday, yes, but as of now we cant really know as the game has not gone that far yet

I know, the only thing we have now are microbes swimming in the ocean.

But maybe genetically engineered microbes…

there is a research and inventions list and one of them is bio weapons lab

What do you mean “bio weapons lab”?

A lab, for the development of biological weapons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When is the Microbe stage expected to be completed?