Quick Question Thread

i think he swearing but this is off topic so dont reply

alright, you heard 'em bois, no one reply to this thread again

1 Like

Kiky, bats primarily navigate via echolocation. The sound waves bouncing off of objects and returning to their ears allows them to “see” prey/the surrounding environment.

I think it could be done in an artsy style like

Yeah but is is acurate enouth

Will blood and gore be a part of Thrive?

If gore won’t be added, will blood will? If it is, then will it be different colours? Like yellow, dark blue, red, whatever.

Will blood spill if you shoot something?

1 Like

Bats can use echolocation to hone in on a single moth in the sky, and are able to catch that moth with pinpoint precision despite being in a 3d environment. So yeah. Its accurate enough.

From what I think, I think that the game will feature blood and (to a limited extent) gore.

I’ve heard it be discussed that It might be configurable in the options how much there is.
I’m almost certain there will be blood, as it can be used gameplay wise (eg. Tracking prey), and will likely be customizable based on what you use to transport oxygen (Octopuses use copper, making their blood blue, while we use iron which makes our blood red).
I think gore could appear, but not in absurd capacity, more like deep cuts and gashes on other creatures, indicating damage. Gore should, of course, be able to be disabled as many people can be squeamish to that sort of thing.

I can just think of dragging your prey away back to the nest to eat, with a trail of blood left behind it.

Could we also store already killed prey in our nests to eat later?

Can we mark territory by using dead animals as marks or peeing on things?

So many quick questions!

1 Like

1.it will rot
2.its stink and why? You could just use dung

sorry what?

The corpse

Will creatures that live in gaseous worlds achieve sapience? Can they form a civilization similar to Cloud City on Bespin?

If we can, is it possible they could look like this?

Summary

Later into our interstellar civilizations timeline, could their possibly be an event as to where our home star burns large amounts of hyrdogen in its core and the players species has to leave the planet? It might happen, but way later in the game.

Do you mean gaseous worlds as in Gas Giants?
If so, sentience would be near-impossible due to the lack of solid material, let alone sapience.

Basic hot-air balloonesque life forms could be possible in real life, and interesting, but would probably not be possible to play as in Thrive as choosing this path would be a dead-end. Not to mention it is not LAWKI. Still, these would be cool npc creatures that you could visit during space stage.

Yes, gaseous worlds as in gas giants.

But, what if those gas giants were to have a kind of floating island? If something were to form under any type of landmass, something with enough air in it to act like a helium balloon, could that create a floating island?

It’s probably not scientifically possible, since Thrive is following standard scientific theory, but the thought of hot-art balloon creatures with multiple tentacles / feelers inhabiting floating sky cities is an amazing, yet surreal thought.

Well, the thing is that floating landmasses would indeed be very impossible, as the gas must be heavier than the islands, which im pretty sure isn’t a thing.

Not to mention that the Gassy life forms wouldn’t evolve to reach sapience even if they could, as there would be no benefit from doing so. They would probably work better as grazers. Even if they did become intelligent creatures, cities on floating landmasses would be pointless. They would most likely work better as nomads.

Cities from aliens that are constructed on the lifeforms, now that would be possible and very interesting.

Cities built atop of hot-air ballon organisms that are somewhat nomadic? Is this heaven?

1 Like

Coud u have open and closed circulatory system and whoud there be any difrences?
Edit: If u dont know what that is http://www2.gsu.edu/~bioasx/closeopen.html

whens the next podcast?

Currently there isn’t one planned so I can’t really say.

(Also I wasn’t fully sure in which thread this post should go in)