Quick Question Thread

okay im a big fan of thrive so far the game sounds promising and the work you’ve done well not large to others is fantastic! I can’t wait to make my own creature and civilization.

Somlere i herd that the early tribal whoud be like The Sims is that true

Yes, early tribal eras in Thrive will be like the Sims, only it it’ll be much better.

There’s no such thing as a tribal stage in thrive if you mean the Awakening stage according to the wiki it says that early Awakening would still have you control your creature until you invent cooperation by interacting with enough of your species (The triggers for the inventions are kinda fuzzy right now so i don’t know) When that’s unlocked you can order your guys in strategy mode which is more like an RTS

In conclusion it is like the sims in the fact that your guys may choose to not listen to your orders unless you do so a hundred times.

Sorry i forgot what the tribe stage was called

So thats what it’s called? Nice, I like that.

Quick question, will biological warfare be in Thrive?

If so, can we launch projectiles from orbit containing a chemical gas that can kill off a large population of a single race?

Maybe someday, yes, but as of now we cant really know as the game has not gone that far yet

I know, the only thing we have now are microbes swimming in the ocean.

But maybe genetically engineered microbes…

there is a research and inventions list and one of them is bio weapons lab

What do you mean “bio weapons lab”?

A lab, for the development of biological weapons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When is the Microbe stage expected to be completed?

No promises, no guarantees.
Above all, no idea.

Makes sense, sounds cool

seems pretty close only would have to add evolution of other cells and the agents and pilus and all the other minor things

I’m thinking of starting posts or a post about how cities will work for different species and I was wondering if I should make this all one topic or make a bunch of different topic like Amphibian cities, Insectoid cities, molluskoid cities, etc.

1 Like

how whoud the game know insectoid… its an other world there might be binioids (idk what that is) u probobly come from stellaris

I don’t want to put creatures with exoskeletons all under the same category. Insectoid refers to aliens that are similar to earth insects, however not everything that has an exoskeleton is an insect (crustaceans). Insects and crustaceans are nothing alike so they would probably have different kinds of buildings. Examples being insects building underground and crustaceans building in the water. Note that I am referring to earth crustaceans, alien crustaceans may go on land, idk why all crustaceans live in water I never decided to find out.

Unless there is a ton of discuss about each one it should be one topic called “differences in architecture based on species characteristics” or something like that. Which, if I remember correctly, has sort of been discussed somewhere before.