Quick Question Thread

Yes. Once a part is unlocked, it acts as its own part and can be placed down. Though certain upgrades will require to be toggled to currently, there will be a copy function eventually.

what will happen if i get enough neurons to go to the awakening stage and click the button as a sessile plant once muscles are fully implemented

Can I set a organelle type like the current multi cell setting cell type? I think it’s very interesting to record the evolution tree of organelle and single cell type of multicellular organism like the evolution tree of species.

Oh no, more work for the programming team. I have not wanted to suggest this feature because it needs a bunch of new GUI work and explaining it to new players. It also breaks the design of the editor where no matter which way you do something it results in the same MP usage. This duplicating organelles with upgrades would explicitly break that or make the action combining system vastly more complicated (it’s already the most complicated and bug-prone part of the editor).

That means that if I have many identical organelle, I need to perform the same operation on them one by one if I want them to perform the same specialization, and spend a lot of MP that is multiple of the number of organelle. It is really frustrating.

In fact, this replicable and upgradeable organelle model only needs to be used for extracellular structures and membrane organelle to reflect their differences from functional protein structure.

The organelle upgrade costs should be determined with that in mind. Also the way upgrades are, in my mind, meant to be really different ways the organelles work. It wouldn’t be so bad as you wouldn’t want to blindly upgrade all of your organelles with the same upgrade. That’s a really huge reason why the original organelle upgrade plans specifically called out to ban just flat out “upgrades” to make an organelle more efficient. Instead they should fundamentally change the organelle to add different gameplay options.

What I mean is that I want to create custom chloroplasts A and B based on standard chloroplasts, and place and modify them separately.

Perhaps there should be a mechanism to allow organelle of the same type to be independent from the current template or converted to another template. For example, there was originally only chloroplast A, but later chloroplast B was isolated from chloroplast A, and some other chloroplasts A were transformed into chloroplast B. Just like being able to cover the structure on the cytoplasm now?

1 Like

That’s the endosymbiosis full concept. I’ve vetoed it from the game due to being extremely, extremely difficult to fit into the current code design. It’d be a full rework of the entire organelle concept, editor, mutations etc. So huge amount of work that I refuse to even have to think about needing to work on that myself.

Organelle - create new organelle - select organelle type - edit specialized organelle

I don’t think organelle should be like another cell into your cell.
The difference between chloroplast A and chloroplast B lies in their different specialized slider positions, rather than inserting functional proteins into them.

I already covered that part:

Think about it and send it out first, otherwise it would be a pity.
I probably came up with this idea:
ooo1

ppp1
ppp2

Your idea is taking all of the hard parts of the full endosymbiosis concept, namely that organelle types are no longer fixed, this has massive implications to all of the code that handles organelles (which is almost all of the microbe stage code).

The type of organelle is locked during creation. You cannot change from chloroplast to mitochondria.

That’s literally not the problem. I won’t continue debating this unless you are willing to read the Thrive code and learn about the internal handling of the organelle data.

do i have to slowly evolve a part that can move or do i get yote back to aware?

Either plants with brains are specifically prevented, or we tweak the game balance to have realistic energy needs so that plants simply can’t have brains.

This also does bring up a lot of balance issues for gameplay. It would be very difficult to provide a consistent level of quality of we offer the player the ability to dramatically customize organelles to this extent.

how would you prevent a plant from having axons? you would need an algorithm for telling the game what is and isn’t a plant, how would it work without having false positives? a player could give the plant soft tissue so it can have a heart, blood, and smooth veins to prevent clotting and that would circumvent the game balance option.

Anything that can be like an animal that would have a use for a brain, wouldn’t be a plant. I do not want to get into a debate on sentient plants again, you can take that talk to the thread for that: Fungoid, Plantoid creatures?

Are there plans to reflect the influence of specialization on the appearance of organelle to some extent, or are there other ways to identify specialized organelle, such as changing their names or right clicking to display parameters? This should be useful after a large number of specializations are applied to the game, especially to distinguish between different variants evolved based on the same organelle (if there are too many variants and multiple varieties exist), and to reopen the archive after several days.
like this

It may be a torture to open organelles’ Modify one by one, especially when there are too many organelle.

1 Like