Quick Question Thread

Re-cloning results in an entirely clean result, which Godot likes to break automatically. You need to fix an already opened in Godot folder and then re-open that same folder in GOdot editor.

I already noticed that, but I apparently didn’t open a tracking issue for it. So here’s a new issue:

It turns out that directly replacing the theme file seems more effective.

The current digest efficiency tooltip doesn’t seem very intuitive. Should we add some logos to indicate the presence of hidden content here?

Or can we use Accordion?

1 Like

What is the qualification for the Industrial stage, and also the qualifications for the Space, Civ, and Awakening stages? What separates them?

Looks like I just replied to you elsewhere with those… Transition Between Industrial and Space Stage (or even a new stage?) - #24 by hhyyrylainen

Anyway to put the answer here again, all of our official stage wiki pages list the transitions to and from for each stage, and these are specified exactly to remove all confusion regarding what is a different stage.

For example here’s the awakening stage transitions:

Maybe not the best example as that ends with the move to strategy mode so it’s more obvious change than many of the others.

Will viruses ever be added, or is that just a Thim’s Thrive Fork thing?
If they ARE added, HOW will they be added?

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Religion

Viruses would add an interesting hazard to not just the microbe stage, but all stages. In later civilization-oriented stages, it’s implementation should be fairly straightforward and simple as you can use medicine and cleanliness to combat it.

In the creature stages though? That’s the real puzzle. As an individual animal with little means, what can you as a player do about getting sick? This is what holds back much of the discussion around implementing viruses. For now, it hasn’t been sufficiently answered.

develop an immune system or die.

1 Like

Viruses and pathogens can be classified as infectious diseases.

Social stage:

Develop medicine, healthcare, and hygiene. Plague events.

Macrobiology:

Immune system, congenital immunity and acquired immunity. Disease based gameplay: During the duration of the disease, biological ability decreases, and the ability of the immune system can affect the intensity and duration of the disease. After passing, give your population some competitive advantage rewards. Additional evolutionary ability unlocking or MP reward compensation (placenta?).

Microorganisms:

Secreting antibiotics, expanding the function of the toxin system? Direct injury, targeting specific membranes, inhibiting a certain biochemical process?

Phages are quite troublesome. Will it become a refined receptor system, a refined gene system? Phages attack cells that hold a certain gene, bringing in new genes?

1 Like

How do you link images? I know you can just imbed them but I heard that there are better ways to do it.

I think you can just put a link to an image by itself on a single line. That automatically embeds the image on your post. If you want to be explicit you can use the markdown image syntax ![image description](link)

What does LAWK mean?

Life As We Know (It).

3 Likes

What are currently the build tools Thrive requires to be built?

Dotnet SDK (version 7 at minimum). And just for a few more days a C++ compiler and cmake. I’m currently working on a system to distribute precompiled native libraries so that people who don’t want to work on the C++ side can just download precompiled libraries.

1 Like

Thank you, the native libraries was the reason I asked my question in the first place. :slight_smile:

Edit: Does GitHub milestone deadline date (currently 25th of November) the date new release or release candidate will be coming to life?

It’s hopefully the date of the next release. I was hoping to make a public test build this week but the game is absolutely not ready for that. Ultimately the release date for 0.6.4 may slip quite a bit unless all recently inactive programmers activate all at once and each is able to fix a couple of remaining issues.

Edit: my PR adding the precompiled native libraries was merged so getting the native libraries is now as simple as running one dotnet command to download it.

1 Like

Is the game crashing after leaving editor with slime jet on your cell currently after the refactor? I could check by myself, but I don’t really want to revert my changes I made to my local repo.

Edit: I didn’t know where else to put this question.

Probably, yeah. Oliver said the same thing.

If you haven’t committed you can stash your changes to test or if you have committed you can put that commit on a new branch and checkout master.

2 Likes

is there a tech support thread?