Quick Question Thread

Do you get to choose planet gravity at the start ?

On the devlog it said that tommorow will have a thread of the week what time would that be

Just imagineā€¦ . You cannot live on a planet like Jupiter. Not because itā€™s a gas planet, but because the gravity is so high that you canā€™t even jump or run.

Can anybody tell me why I canā€™t save the game?

Because it doesnā€™t work in this version ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Saving isnā€™t implemented in 0.4.0. We decided to cut the feature to be able to release a new version of thrive this year. Otherwise it might have been still more than a month away.

1 Like

Looking at the log for my latest session, noticed this bit here:

[INFO] Species_9087 has been devestated by disease.
[INFO] Species_9087 population is now -737
[INFO] Species Species_9087 went extinct
[INFO] Species Species_9087 has been extinguished

Whatā€™s ā€œdiseaseā€ mean here?

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesnā€™t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread

There are random bigger events affecting the population. They are just called ā€œdiseaseā€ events.

Thatā€™s not what I would have called them, but I didnā€™t write that code.

1 Like

Will it ever be possible in the future of thrive to be an organisim that consumes the minerals inside of the planetā€™s soil along with large mineral deposits to thrive within the crust of whatever planet it may live within?

(I want to create a massive skyscraper length tunneling monstrosity that tears apart industrialized cities).

So I may just be being stupid but I canā€™t seem to figure out how to load thrive I downloaded it but now I canā€™t open it. If you could link me to a post/video explaining it I would really appreciate it.

If you donā€™t know what to do, grab the installer for the launcher:
https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive-Launcher/releases/download/1.0.3/Thrive.Launcher.Setup.1.0.3.exe

your going to love this:

1 Like

In thriveā€™s future what would your home planetā€™s core look like (probably depends on the planetā€™s composition) and will it be possible to somehow harvest itā€™s heat/fusion energy? (Possibly to fuel space travel).

Edit: would it even be in the gameā€™s programming to view the core in the first place?

Most likely not, but once you beat the game and obtain ascension powers, you can probably just take a planet, fill it with palm trees and take control of a species on there.

Then again, single-biome planets are one of those things that focus more on the fiction part than the science in ā€œscience-fictionā€. The only planet we know of (Earth) is varied with nature, it would be pretty weird if other exoplanets literally have a single ecosystem covering the entirety of the planet, with no changes in humidity/temperature anywhere.

Then again, it might just be a case of ā€œstereotypingā€, where if there was a planet with more trees than Earth weā€™d immediately yell ā€œFOREST PLANETā€. or if there were one with a high humidity and an absence of higher areas, creating a lot of moist areas weā€™d yell "SWAMP PLANETā€™

Whatā€™s an ice shelf? Like a planet that is entirely ice? Because oceans also have their own biomes, compare the bottom of the Mariana Trench to a coral reef and youā€™ll see some massive differences with entirely different ecosystems.

And ascension is the last stage, where the player obtains all kinds of ā€œGod toolsā€ that allow them to do whatever they want, from changing the genetic makeup of a creature (opening them in the editor) to deleting an entire planet (selecting it and then ā€œdeleteā€).

Hold onā€¦

Since when did planets start making forum accounts? I want answers!

iā€™m a moon! (also some people donā€™t like double posting).

i donā€™t know, thay mite know, thay mite not. why do you wonā€™t to know?

on the forum we just say: :belgium:, or Belgium, instead of cussing . its a reference to The Hitchhikerā€™s Guide to the Galaxy. hope i was of help.