Quick Question Thread

Hopefully new devlog this afternoon.

1 Like

YEAHHH btw what time is it now for you for me it is 15:11

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

belgium, I see the dev team worked a lot to get the game at 84%. Good job!

I have a question does anything you do in microbe stage affect the later stages?

The only thing it should really affect is how quickly you get into the later stages, as getting more stuff can make things easier most of the time.

In other words, the game wont be like spore where the cell stage locks the diet you are in for the rest of the game.

i didn’t mean that for example if you put chloroplast on your cell then on later stages could you preform photosynthesis

Technically you are already performing photosynthesis with a chloroplast on you, and yeah being able to do photosynthesis in the later stages is the plan.

The plan is that everything builds on top of the previous stages. For example the cell types you design in early multicellular will affect the properties of your organs and thus your creature later on in the game.

what do you mean by properties of organs?

I’d imagine that for example if you have a different number of mitochondria in your muscle cells that would have an impact on your speed versus your endurance or something. Things like that. Or for example if you added chloroplasts you would need to eat way more to reproduce and you would be very inefficient (lookup how much surface area humans would need to get enough energy from photosynthesis).

so if i wanted to make a fast creature i spam mitochondria?

Well also i wanna ask what do you think would be in thrive version 0.7.0.0 (i hope i got the number correct also i do mean 7.0 as in the future

I’m not going to say that is the case. Just that the basic idea that the cell stage will affect the rest of the will be true.

I think this is the most up to date roadmap:

even that is a bit outdated now and doesn’t have anything planned for 0.6 or later releases.

i was more asking what you would personally think would be there

Still waiting for it

Its here.
http://revolutionarygamesstudio.com/devblog-17-the-re-emergence-of-life/

1 Like

will planets have a fixed gravity amount?

because if a planets gravity is too strong wouldnt it be impossible to leave the planet.

I’d imagine that to be the case, but nothings in stone for now.

Would it be possible to even evolve big organisms on a planet with extreme gravity?
And you can probably randomly spawn on planets with higher or lower than earth gravity and that would then affect all kinds of things including you needing bigger rockets.

yes it would they would just have to conposate with more energy.