Quick Question Thread

Do crabs think fish fly?

Some crabs can ā€˜flyā€™, so are the other crabs jealous or do they just think they are fish?

Question is, can you fly?

Do humans think clearly?

1 Like

My reputation will be damaged depending on the answer to this. How Many frames per second can a human see from a screen.

The average person needs 60 FPS for it to look as smooth as real life, with variations (for example, a friend of mine sees it as smooth when it has over 30, while I personally need around 80). However, for bigger differences (think a black screen flashing white) it can easily be in the hundreds, and trained people (jet fighters) can increase it by a lot. It depends on the situation though, for something relaxed like watching a move 30 FPS is usually good enough.

So this means my reputation will be hurt if I try and argue my point.
I guess I will just drop the subject.

I said that 120 FPS and higher is not necessary since humans canā€™t tell frame differences past 60.

I got a 144Hz monitor. I canā€™t exactly remember when but it was probably something like 8 months ago. And it is so much smoother than 60Hz. Like even on the desktop mouse movement, at least to me, just feels like so much smoother than on 60Hz monitor. I donā€™t play as many games as I did before (due to university) but Iā€™ve played a few shooters, like overwatch, where I feel like the game is running much smoother and I can aim better, when using a 144Hz monitor compared to 60Hz. Iā€™ve also experienced that typing text feels more responsive, Iā€™m not sure if this is possible, but at least to me it is like night and day when comparing typing on a 60Hz monitor on a cheap keyboard to my main computer with a mechanical keyboard and 144Hz monitor. Related to that there is this interesting website (where itā€™s clear that input lag is lesser with higher refresh rate monitors): Computer latency: 1977-2017

This is just my experience but Iā€™m definitely not going to switch back to a 60Hz monitor for gaming.

Even if human eyes canā€™t see beyond some amount of FPS, Iā€™ve read somewhere that with a 240Hz monitor compared to 144Hz you also experience it being a bit smoother. I suppose otherwise there would be no 240Hz gaming monitors for sale.

Who makes the music for thrive? Oliver?

Most of it is olivers yes

So, are we going to be able to have long snaking chains of cells? Kinda like whats in this video:

1 Like

Maybe craybe Of Quantum

Thank you for that valuable contribution

If that isnt valuable enough check what im about to drop on 2D art

touche giant cthulhu monster, touche

NO i meant the Bird Mollusk made by another on the discord also thats an angel from Evangelion

NO im calling your pfp the cthulhu monster, and I saw the horrifying bird slug

Its not horrifying its beautiful also yeah my profil pic is cthulhu

I remember seeing the trailer for the game your pop is from. I was saddened by its cancellation but games get cancelled sometimes. At least the devs didnā€™t steal the money and disappear like they did in The Stomping Land.

Agreed, a sad announcement is better than no announcement.
(I sure hope that doesnā€™t happen with this game, though)