Quick Question Thread

hey wheni is the next update

You can find the milestones on our Github. This is the next one: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/milestone/12

currently it is planned for Due by July 06, 2019

After seeing the games at E3, there was a game called Carrion, it looked very interesting. So would it be possible in thrive to create something much like this creature?

Here’s the trailer for those who haven’t seen it:

It doesn’t look very realistic to me. It’s basically a tentacle monster. Such a thing isn’t very realistic, in my opinion, as you can’t support a population of huge monsters, that just doesn’t happen. So for the first when someone is talking about including something other than underwater civs,my answer is: no.

Of course with an open development model nothing is ever completely impossible, but I doubt that making such a thing possible is any developer’s priority.

I think that it looks like a glowing octopus with fast reflexes, about the size of an octopus too, I think that should be possible. But slower.
Edit: nevermind I watched the rest. It looks like glowing mass of stretchy, sticky flesh. That might be possible, but maybe not.
Edit2: literally a mound of flesh that kills people to grow. About twice as fast as a person running, and it seems to shoot webs of its own material. Maybe possible, probably not as fast or sustainable though.

I say octopuses are the closest thing we will get to that sort of thing.

hey how do i update thrive i was opening the locher and clickin play nothin difrent and then i opend the versions but there are no new versions

Which update are you currently on according to the launcher? Because IIRC it automatically selects the highest version on startup, and will download it when you start Thrive.

1 Like

The launcher lists all the publicly available versions (except the really old ones). Unless you are on a 32 bit system as the later versions are 64 bit only.

So if the launcher says the latest version as 0.4.1.1 it is correct. There are newer builds of the game available from @Untrustedlife to his patreon backers.

OK thanks i found it!

I cant find another place to asked this so I’ll ask here; will the microbe stage backgrounds stay as is or be changed later? Because while playing the current game I realized that I can’t see most the lighter colored compounds (I.e. glucose) as well as I can see other compounds and organell.

It will most probably change a few times, as everything at this point does. There were even discussions about multilayer background, foreground and edge blur and so on and so on. Not that they are confirmed to be in the game at some point, they are just brought up fairly often.

The backgrounds will be tweaked to make it easier to see compounds.

Why do I have a green circle around my pfp while others do not

That one i actually figured out. The green circle means that you are online, you’ll always see yourself having a green circle unless you log out or use a different account. If you look at who else is online, you will see the green circles around their profile pictures.

1 Like

Oh, thank you very much

Where do we find the advanced user tutorial? Or is that just open for higher level users?

Yeah I saw that as well , where is that?

To answer my question and @OmnipotentFNarr ‘s just say @discobot. start advanced tutorial

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.