Quick Question Thread

how will senses be implemented mostly sight and smell iv seen this question pop up from time to time but id like to go more into detail.

I think things like smell and taste (maybe if your creature eats off the floor and picks up animal tracks) could be displayed visually, for example, you could find out that another animal could have been where you were through coloured auras that disappear over time.

2 Likes

Viruses cannot do anything on their own, they are just a bunch of RNA or DNA in a protein shell floating around. It makes no sense for them to have any AI, if they are added to the game.

i’m just asking if theres prehistoric bacteria and cells how old are viruses? cause i feel as though the moment we find out when viruses were made we can actually discuss viruses in thrive (TBH i don’t think viruses should be in thrive because windows defender will go apeshit when it discovers a file in thrive named “Virus Textures” or something like that)

i also thought the double posting thing was directed at me since the @ message was in the same thing

No viruses, no enzymes… :pensive:

Can you link to this discussion, please?

allright tanks by the way

Just look up Virus in the search bar and go to one of any discussions, they all lead back to “viruses aren’t fun / viruses are too small for the player to see so how would they work”.

That’s really not how anti-viruses work. If yours works like that you should really get a new one

<be me
<download a photo of a virus for my school project
<windows defender blocks it because of the name
<mfw

1 Like

Yeah no I can’t imagine how it would think virusImage.jpg.exe would be a virus

1 Like

look pal i was joking about the virus thing my thing doesn’t function like that

Not really a question but is the number beside the thread the number of replies or posts? Because I saw a thread that said 0 but when I looked at it, it had one post

It’s the number of replies.

This has prob been said before but what language is Thrive in?

will you be able to customize what sounds your species makes

So would it be preset types of sounds or could you like make hello ’ reeeeee’

Also, thanks @hhyyrylainen

Will there be an feature, where you can size your species?

I think that feature will be needed. Otherwise, in order to change size, the player would have to go through each of their organs one at a time and shrink them to match the size they want. I think it also makes sense in terms of actual evolution where size changes without major body plan changes can happen quite quickly, I think.

So if you increased size would it Make +food consumption and + health?

It would definitely increase the energy consumption. But increasing health would be extremely gamey thing to do. A bigger animal will die like a smaller one if you cut a few arteries, though extra fat could make it a bit harder to deal critical damage. But similarly in the cell stage the size of your cell doesn’t determine your health.