Quick Question Thread

I wrote a very long post to answer them. Also the wiki is almost useless now because it is completely out of date. We really need to update that.

You responded about the next release. They also wanted to know about future releases (0.5.0) and other future plans. And AFAIK we haven’t written done anything concrete other than that release planning thread.

1 Like

Yeah I misread what they said, I added a section for details about what we are doing after 0.4.0 to my post, it’s veru generalized because yeah we don’t have a solid plan yet.

1 Like

If y’all ever seem to hit a rut in your ideas don’t be afraid to ask the community for what they want to see. You never know, some of the ideas might give y’all that little push forward.

PS I wish I could apply for a dev spot but I need to learn more coding first, so what type would I need to learn to help y’all?

1 Like

I recommend learning programming first (if you can’t decide, I’ll pick a language for you: python). Once you have some programming skill it will be easier to pickup C++ and AngelScript (which is quite similar to C++) as those are more difficult to learn initially than python. You just need to get started working on actual programs to get better at programming.

1 Like

I have some coding experience with Python (the basics of the basics [and its been a few years]) most of the coding I have done is in MMF2

Wait, what is Thrive’s coding language?

C++ and Angelscript

2 Likes

The most coding i ever do is changing a few lines in Roblox scripts, and not mutch else :frowning:

For me its copy and pasting code from unity tutorials

Can sapients come from other galaxies? or DIMENSIONS???

1 Like

Galaxies, maybe.
Dimensions, no comment.

Eh. Good enough.

reeeeeeee
thats not a question

crap your right

Honestly,. probably not, you will be in the same galaxy. And different dimensions are too “unstudied” for us to give a scientific perspective on that and we like to stick to what we know.

1 Like

Well, galaxies are big, including our own, little one. Little compared to the grand scheme of things in the universe. Dimensions are really complex, and adding whole dimensions wouldn’t be nessacceary (I cant spell it for the life of me) in the final game.

2 Likes

I don’t think additional galaxies are nessesaary, perhaps each time you play you are in a new galaxy though perhaps (though honestly I would prefer for all new games to be in the same galaxy with like a planet choosing menu like in spore (though it would probably be a star choosing menu instead so as a player you have more options, Eg if you want to start on a moon like Europa you should be able to. (A whole way of customizing your starting system would be cool too)

2 Likes

I like this idea as long as there is a randomizer button

Don’t worry, I have different opinion on how the new game customization should be done that doesn’t involve pretending different saves exist in the same galaxy and specifically picking some star.

4 Likes