Quick Question Thread

You could toggle it with the F3 key, the FPS counter will then show up at the top left of your screen.

If you are designing a 3 dimensional multicellular / aware creature could you move its limbs around to get an idea of their limits of movement because i donā€™t wanna try and make a creature only to find out it couldnā€™t move its legs forwards because i accidentally made its ribs too long and i have to spend MP to fix it

1 Like

There will most likely be a testing feature in the creature maker.

We could even have preset dances too!

How do the bacterial colonies appear in the game? Or will, because spawn currently isnt that good?
They appear just like a bunch of bacteria next to each other and moving together?? I thought colonies would be they clumping together, but theres no clumping cells yet. Soā€¦
HOW?
:thinking:
will they be like this?image
Or more like this?

The ai in this game isnā€™t perfect, so all of the cells are going to the same place in the same direction, and doing all the same things.

I already knew that, but thanks for the iniciative

1 Like

As @Oliveriver is online, soā€¦ how about the mehdikazimā€™s two musics? He posted it in the dev forums in december 2019, so did you approve it? Will it be used?
Oh no double post
Do you have something to say about this, @hhyyrylainen? Quick Question Thread
They are already implemented i think, but spawn was(or is) broken.

So far everyone has ignored the issue about improving the microbe AI:

Making the AI bacteria stick together more would be a further AI improvement.

Initially at least, cell colonies will be the first step towards multicellularism, which might also get added for the AI so at some point there could be stuck together cell colonies that are AI controlled.

2 Likes

How does the new auto-evo prototype work? I already knew that the old was just random changes with an ATP balancing AFAIK (what a shame :sweat_smile:), then how does the new? Can it considerate patch conditions, organelles that the AI already has and adding new organelles based on it; and also add the better membrane?
How good is that new prototype? What is still missing and what does it already have?

I admit I didnā€™t look at the code much

How can I access the the code of the latest version? I want to try modding it but canā€™t seem to access it

@tjwhale linked this:

as the explanation for how that prototype works.

Neither did I but the code (thrive-prototypes/CPA/basic_population_calculator.cs at master Ā· Revolutionary-Games/thrive-prototypes Ā· GitHub) seems to just count the number of a few organelles that produce energy or are used for hunting and based on that compute how muh energy each species gets.

GitHub - Revolutionary-Games/Thrive: The main repository for the development of the evolution game Thrive. ?

What are the ā€œcheat cloudsā€ the prophets are always saying
i think i know what does that mean but lets see

Once cheats are enabled in the options menu, pressing one of the cheat cloud keys (O,I,K) spawns some compound clouds under the cursor.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesnā€™t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread

will there be a banana cheat and a disco cheat.

From what I can see I think there will be a disco mode, but I donā€™t think a banana mode will be implemented.

Will the AI ever be made less overpopulated? I donā€™t enjoy playing when I know I can go extinct from their actions but they will never die off from mine. It kind of ruins the fun. Looking at the AIā€™s 4000 population that they magically get at the very start of their creation, I donā€™t see the point in trying to compete.

2 Likes

I hope they implement a feature where if you kill enough of the AIā€™s species they go extinct

I think it is a thing that will be implemented in one of the next releases

Technically, they can go extinct already. It just requires you to not let them repopulate. The problem is, that requires you to sit through an hour of killing without dying once, to get through their ridiculously high populations without them just getting more when you enter the editor. At the current point in the game, only AI cells have their population modified naturally. The only way a player species can get that high of a population is if they manage to reproduce continuously without dying once. Personally, I think it would be better to have the playerā€™s population calculated by the game the same way the AIā€™s is. It would make the game more interesting and would give the player a chance to survive without having to grind for hours.

2 Likes