Quick Question Thread

Probably. It’s already ever so slightly different (and it’ll have to be different in usage at least due to mouse look).

Is nucleoid and plasmid still planned to appear in some update?

I wonder if they will be required for organelle upgrades, or if the limit is increased via them.

1 Like

I know that nucleoid in the dev wikisays that it’ll be from the start, but I like the idea of getting nucleus to also get bigger limit for size. (Not sure if it’s sort of implemented or whatever) But it would make sense since nucleus works as a sort of brain for the cell.
Others say that do sexual reproduction. And other can be found here.
Be sure to take a look it’s intresting even if a bit outdated

@hhyyrylainen Is this site run on AWS?(not sure if that’s what it’s called.)

Discourse

Discourse

AWS provides various hosting services from running certain software to just having a Linux virtual machine where you can run anything you want. These forums run on a virtual machine, which is not rented from Amazon.

How will autoevo work in the 3d org stages? I’ve read that to simplify stuff, so each biome will have a niche category that an organism can fill.
Do you really don’t have anyone to make graphicsl programer to help with the water currents?

Nope, we don’t. Besides me, we only have around 2-3 other active programmers at any given time. And none of us are dedicated graphics programmers to take on that task.

BTW, we are closing in on 600 open issues on Github, all of which are waiting for a programmer to come along and do that fix / new feature (okay, well there’s probably a couple about just some art or tweaking the GUI layout).

Well it looks like we are in a dire situation. Is there any sort of alternative for recruitment or something?

We just need more volunteer developers joining (or just directly doing Github pull requests).

Some of the best impacts on new developers joining have been videos on Thrive made by popular Youtubers. Another is the team finding subreddits, but those seem to not be as good anymore, and we’d need someone on the team regularly doing that as that isn’t a thing that the fans are allowed to do.

1 Like

Have any new devs came after curious archive made his video?

At least not yet. I think we have one potential new theorist. And well a non-programmer has a limited amount of impact they can currently have, though roles like outreach and various other roles can also have a huge impact on the future of Thrive even though they can’t directly push forward the huge amount of features that aren’t done yet.

Also many new members who join just don’t stick around. Many programmers manage to only make one PR and then disappear forever. I try to help and message new people to help them get started, but on top of everything else I need to be doing that is hard…

I would love to join as a programmer but outside of basic python programing I don’t know anything. Even though people were telling me that I was good at it.
But I’ll try show this game to as many people as I can.
Also maybe you could try get into a coalition or some sort of cooperation with elysian eclipse dev and maybe others. And try to spread the imfo about Thrives existence.

I don’t really see the potential, because well the EE developer did know about Thrive when they started their project, and they had decided that they wanted to do their own thing instead of pitching in Thrive development.

3 Likes

But it could be just advertising between each other, some EE fans mostlikely don’t know about Thrive. But on the other hand who knows how many of them might be intrested in helping the project.

Trust me
Most of them know at this point

Will the 600 open issues slow down the development of thrive? Or in these (atleast by my calcutations it could be less or more, so I’m just throwing stuff at the wall.) 4 last years of microbe stage will probably find more programmers seeing that Thrive is actually getting more and more popular?
Yeah this question is a bit of a nothing.

Well there’s two kinds of issues:

• Features that we’d like to implement, or slight improvements to existing features
  • Bugs

I think we just need to accept that as Thrive gets bigger there’s more and more chance for complicated interactions of different systems to cause more and more bugs. And also as there’s more game done, there’s more short term features that can be implemented easily (for example me finishing the general upgrades system means that now it’ll be much easier for all organelles not currently upgradeable to get upgrades, and I’ll probably soon open quite a few issues for that, just once I get some kind of list).

Having more open issues will make it slightly harder to find what you are looking for or knowing if you accidentally open a duplicate issue. We are still super far away from Godot engine itself in terms of how many open issues we got.

2 Likes