Regarding Bloodshed and Gore

Weapons should have blood on them as well as mouths and claws, then there should be a wash function where you walk into water to wash yourself off or have an increased chance of getting a disease.
Let’s work blood into mechanics and not just aesthetics.

1 Like

i like that

1 Like

The only problem I see is it disables the ability to remove gore

oh, i think that should be a opshin

That would be a big change. What could happen would be to remove blood as a liquid and more of like a colored stain of the thing you are eating and on your creature. (paint on a wall over blood)

What about having a status buff/debuff page on the pause menu telling your status?

To be fair, i like having the option to nerf myself. So , multiple kinds of blood ftw. Also, a chemo-synthetic life form/One with a sulfur mitochondria could have different colored blood, since they do not use oxygen for the most part.
https://community.tncc.edu/faculty/zahn/mypage/cell_respiration.htm

There is a means to do it via sulfate, which we will have in 0.4.0 i believe, in that case, the “blood” would be yellow, like the blood in subnautica.

But there are many other options too!
http://www.xenology.info/Xeno/10.4.htm
This link is all kinds of interesting and has a ton of examples ^

2 Likes

Spoilers for Subnautica (sort of)

Summary

I thought the blood was yellow due to the diseases that has infected all of the life.

2 Likes

That was helpful.

BuT WaIT

WhAt If wE HaVE HyDRoTherMal BlOod To SmeLt tHe MeTal?

1 Like

The game will have gore like this?
Hulking_murder

2 Likes

1 Like

:slight_smile:

this is even funnier when you take into account the ascension perk idea of absurd heat/cold tolerance, since it lets you have blood that can melt lead at the very least.

What the hell is going on in that image?

blood harvesting from horseshoe crabs

Their blood has anti-cancer materials that are studied and used for health care.

after they harvest they relisted back to the wild (because it’s tough to raise them in cativity ) but around 30% don’t survive that.

3 Likes

Blue-blooded creature’s version of hell.

3 Likes

This image looks appetizing and unnerving at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah, it almost looks like mass killing of alien animals to make… coloured drinks I suppose.

3 Likes