Silicon based life

But everything isnt a turtle
if everything was a turtle predator will evolve bone crushing mouths
everything cant have armor if all have it predators would evolve accordingly.
Like in the carboniferous all had exoskeletons but they weren’t walking tanks predators evolved to crush exoskeleton

So with that logic one can argue that because everything has eyes there should be a predator that pokes out eyes
Also because things would evolve bone crushing mouths, the prey would evolve harder shells. Thats how evolution works

2 Likes

But the eye doesn’t stop them to kill the prey it kinda does but they evolved to creep up to it
That’s the evolutionary arms race and why didn’t predators die in the carboniferous cuz predators do the same to get bigger mouths to crush bigger shell

So you are arguing that animals with shells would be useless when defending themselves, yet the act of predation pushes the prey to adapt and evolve to either develop harder shells or other defenses. So no, it would not be the same.

if every one has the shells yes

But it wouldn’t though, because not everyone individual is the same, some either have harder and larger shells, or some have developed other defenses, so metal shells being universal would not render them useless. Also we are describing silicon creatures, so you cannot bring up the carboniferous as an example (the example cannot be LAWKI)

I would like to add that sharks and alligators (and probably other things) can break a turtle shell with their jaws.

Don’t forget Hippos.

1 Like

Yes hippos, the adorable but terrifyingly deadly killing machines that a lot of people underestimate.

2 Likes

Do not underestimate the Pottamus.

We aren’t talking about metabolism we are talking about evolution which is similar everywhere
Ok the fish in the Cambrian had the same problem the skin was too thick to pierce and everyone didn’t have the same skin so the predators got the best thing but the prey didn’t evolve thicker skin cuz the predators had the best thing so they opted for something else on earth it is calcium but what can be harder than metal or they used tactics like groups or die young and reproduce young.

Im sorry but your logic stinks

3 Likes

The logic is sound, the presentation sucks.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn’t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread

First of all, the problem with silicon life, like nitrogen life (although there are even bigger differences) is that the covalent bonds of these elements are not as stable as carbon bonds. Actually, the point here is the atomic mass and other features of silicon. Also with water - except for it, only the liquid form of CO2 can be a normal solvent, but what’s the problem, this requires more pressure, larger planets and greater gravity (the so-called “Super-Earths” may have such parameters), but, in what is the problem is that such organisms will be imprisoned on their planet, and there will be no flight into space, nor its development. In short, carbon-based life with water as a solvent is simply the best option for life, and therefore, as it seems to me, silicon life could well exist on earth, but was eventually replaced by a more stable carbon one, although this is only a hypothesis, even, I I would say speculation, but we won’t know for sure. It seems to me that this situation would happen in almost all cases, and silicon life could exist only with too small volumes of carbon

In general, it seems to me that the silicon life mode can be made into a kind of “hardcore mode”, just because of the properties of silicon that I mentioned, where it will be much more difficult to survive on it than on carbon, and also with a completely different development, as the aforementioned formation of sand during breathing. You can also drag in my post about triplets and DNA, which in the case of silicon will be completely different

My post about dna mechanics

Please don’t double post, edit your previous post instead.

Actually Silicon life could be resistant to high temperatures… Maybe we will have “Infernoplasts” with it.

What’s your source on that claim?

Why should silicon life be resistant to higher temperatures? Again, the covalent bonds of silicon are less stable than the covalent bonds of carbon, which means that silicon organic molecules need a lower temperature to break down, but there everything will be very fragile in general, and the silicon-based game mode itself will be more like ultra-hardcore, so how life can destroy almost anything, therefore, there will be more global extinctions, and if everything is calmer in the carbon life mode, such a fun journey around the planet with development, then with silicon-based … BELGIAN DEATH FROM EVERY ray LIGHT IF IT IS 1% BRIGHTER THAN NORMAL

1 Like