The 3D Art Thread

I have no idea what I’m doing.

3 Likes

This thread’s active again? Ooh goody!

A Karate Blob!

13%20pm

5 Likes

“The Cube Graveyard”

Where does the default cube go when it is deleted? Some say it simply disappears, recycled into numbers and code. Some say it is reincarnated into a new world, ready to be molded, shaped, or simply deleted again. They are all wrong. Cubes always end up in the same place. The Cube Graveyard.

9 Likes
Inside Out Spoilers

This looks like it came from a scene from Inside Out, the memory dump I believe, only it was filled with memory marbles instead of cubes.

2 Likes

“DNA”

Originally made as a potential remastering of the Main cutscene, this uses subsurface scattering to make for a more organic look! (Plus a few post processing effects, bloom, depth of field, etc)

6 Likes

“Iron Golem down by the river”

Wandering a world without purpose; he is still able to sit and enjoy the little things in life.

7 Likes

“A world without purpose”

Isn’t that just the world? I mean I guess there isn’t any inherent purpose than to reproduce

Also nice artwork, looks like it could be in the upcoming Minecraft movie

The Minecraft movie is actually gonna be live action. Imo it’s too bad, I think I would’ve preferred it in the animated style of their update trailers like Village and Pillage, but I guess that would take more time and resources.

Yeah, they should have animated it

The moment I heard it was live action I pretty much lost all hope. I’m envisioning a film that’ll try and push some BS message about family or friendship, filled to the brim with boomer humor. If the movie flops, at least we’ll have the countless animations made by other people to enjoy.

2 Likes

Yeah, live action and Minecraft don’t mix.

I would have preferred it if they animated Minecraft: The Island.

But I haven’t lost all hope yet though. I definitely have my doubts about the movie though.

One of the charming things about Minecraft is the simplicity, and how you can do almost anything. You can’t really show that in a live action movie.

1 Like

Real life is complex with all of its animals and different stuff but with Minecraft it appears complex but it’s actually a simple game

“Haunted Woods”

Respect the dead, they could be the last thing you ever see.

6 Likes

I really like your Minecraft drawings, they have a unique style that sets it apart from other 3D Minecraft art.

1 Like

wait since when does quantumcrab make minecraft things? I like them but this is something new

1 Like

I think since two days ago

But I think he has been making Minecraft art before that and he just decided to post his art here now

1 Like

I’ve dabbled in minecraft animations once or twice, but I’m thinking of actually making a full series. These artworks are practice for getting the lighting, atmospheric effects and positioning of screen elements just right

1 Like

Cool, I can’t wait until I see your Minecraft animations!

Captain Blurg

“Born and raised on the icy pools of Cassanopia, Captain Blurg long knew his physical weakness. After stealing and inhabiting a robot body however, he crawled up the pirate ranks, soon becoming captain of the deadliest starship in the Tharsis sector, The Red Serpent.”

10 Likes