The 3D Art Thread

This is actually some really cool character design! His design just screams big bad videogame villain to me and I love it. What were your inspirations? His body shape certainly reminds me of a certain iconic villain.

1 Like

Thank you very much!
As for his character design, the overall shape was based off Dr Robotnik, and the head was kind of inspired by Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean. The general aesthetic was trying to go for that ‘clunk-a-junk’ metal style of Ratchet and Clank.

1 Like

He does look like captain Romulus Slag.

Oh yeah, him too. He mostly inspired the general proportions of the character, as most of the features were ‘borrowed’ from a variety of other characters.

I thought that making 3D stuffs is easy, but oh boy, it isn’t. Much respect to all people who manage to make a 3D model.

My attempt:

5 Likes

Soon I will have 2d and 3d stuff; far more younger and more powerful

I guess that with practice you get more more ability with it, great! What about asking for tips or something? Soon I will start doing art things, maybe on vacations.

1 Like

Yeah, asking for tips is good idea

Sooo, how do I do the legs:D

That looks like something out of Species alre :thinking:

Good work tho

2 Likes

Attention all 3D artists, due to this thread being relatively empty when compared to the 2D art thread, I have converted the latter to a more general art thread, for any art to be posted. If you want to post something in this thread, uh… don’t. Just keep anything artsy to that thread. I realize now that its kinda strange to have two threads for art, so this way everything can be neat and self contained!

https://community.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/t/the-art-thread/1568/350

4 Likes