The Book Idea Thread

That sounds like a certain game I am working on… wait I forgot I’m not supposed to reveal any secrets about the project

Another book I want to write is a history of the Earth because I like writing history but less than future speculation because speculating the future requires more creative thought.

here is a good idea:
a book about a mechanical engineer and his robot friends

in the book he will talk about his work, various stuff in his life, his robot friends, and his progress on a new robot he is making
yes this is inspired by fnaf

I thought you were saying that the mechanical engineer was a robot himself :laughing:

Anyway
Another book idea of mine is when the spambots come back from the old forums to terrorize the new forums again
Or an alternate universe where Will Wright was developing Thrive but then EA took it.
A lot of the book ideas I have right now are inspired by the forums for whatever reason.

Next idea for book. Detective with mystic. Scientists found an ancient thing with miraculously preserved fingerprint. Somebody in police entered this fingerprint into the police database. Through some time happen the murder. The only evidence was found on the place - identical fingerprint. Policemen are shocked. After the failed investigation, investigators remembered about another murders with similar property (only one evidence). Through the months they see around 200 murders, happened at 20 century (they didn’t detect it before because of changing the murder place). And nobody knows, is it something undead or well-coordinated organization, using only one fingerprint on gloves. Other things you can invent yourself.

2 Likes

I have called this spirit from the dead, to ask of it questions of deep importance:

Y’all are, in some way, writers. So, I’m attempting to branch out in writing, specifically towards nonhuman viewpoints.
Any tips? I have one I’m working on from the point of view of an AI assistant just trying to help their human out, but quantifying how to express the emotions of a being who feels, in a vividly different manner than humans, is… hard. As in, my betas (the poor souls) required much explanation of what I’m trying to express.

Sorry for rousing you, oh great spirits of the darkness, forgive this humble necromancy.

1 Like

its fine, im not bothered by necromancy at all

also, im kind of a shitty writer, so i dont know how to help you, since my tips might actually hurt you more than they could help…

1 Like

I’m still not writer. Yes, now i want to explorer not only biology (as before), but much more - including astronomy, math, basics of politics and etc. Honestly, I haven’t any book project even now…
I tried to write, but… i can tell so, for this you need a lot of time. I ended writing because i should learn before Olympiads and after i didn’t want to write. the moral is think for yourself

1 Like

The idea reminds me of this: Little Planet

Edit: Sorry about the necro. Didn’t check the time of the last post.

3 Likes