The Cavern (Seed world Evolution Game)

Scaryscary? I could it doesn’t flow off the tongue as well though. Is that what you want to call it?

Warcriminal call it.

@GodOfKnowledge s Captious Warrah and @Hanroz s Ardistar would have to be edited to be less of a jump in intelligence before I include them. Otherwise, look at spots with ‘???’ to see where there is an availability to make a new creature before the next mass extinction

I’ll hopefully be making sweeps of updating 2-3 creatures every few days so this keeps moving.

Two more critters to push us along

Ancestor: Shoebill
Name: Gatorbill
Description: These large, compact shoebill descendants float like feathered logs along rivers and waterways, their enormous bills clamping shut tight on any prey they can find. Like Giant avian crocodiles, these birds have short, compact necks and wide bodies to make themselves have more collective surface area as the float downstream. They rarely come out of the shallows, laying eggs in clutches hidden on the riverbank before abandoning them. Their legs have become longer, more paddle like, as their wings direct their bodies in the direction they wish to go.

Name: Swampstalker
Description: These tall, lanky predators hide among the trunks, roots, and branches of trees on the shoreline, their brown coat and almost mossy looking patches of green making them blend into the trees almost perfectly. Other than those of the brachiosaurus lineage, they are the tallest creature currently on the Cavern. They wait perfectly still as prey come and go, striking only when they could get the best meal they could. These creatures will eat Woodfisher Bears, schools of Turtrout, young gatorbills, you name it. They are some of the most cunning ambush predators to yet exist on this planet.

Creatures that can still be evolved;

1 Crab Eating Foxes

Would anyone be interested in playing a second, completely new evolution game along with this one? It would have its own set of seed organisms and maybe a unique feature, like how this world is entirely caves

Ancestor: Cave kiwi
Name: dwarf kiwi
Adaptations: thicker beak and slower metabolism, significantly smaller Size to better manuever in the caves, omnivory.
Size: 20 cm
Habitat: caverns
Diet: opportunistic omnivore
Description: small adaptable bird

Ancestor: bearded rail
Name: straightfeather rail
Adaptations: all feathers can be straightened making the plumage better for insulation. They became significantly bigger because of the lack of predators and also to keep warm, they use their wings to keep their young warm.
Size: 2 meters
Habitat: everest plains
Diet: plants
Description: bearded rail descendant that decided to move to the Everest plains to escape predators, their size allows them to remain warm easier and they use their wings to keep their young warm.

1 Like

Little Sweep today cause I did some yesterday

Name: Shovelbeak
Description: This much smaller cousin to the Shoebill uses it’s wider, shovel like bill to dig tunnels through the earth, chasing after it’s primary prey - Armamoles. These creatures use their wide bill to dig as the push aside soil with their paddle-like wings and move themselves forward on strong feet. They are sensitive to sunlight, typically coming out only at dusk to feed on the grasses and smaller prey critters.

Ancestor: Kiwi Bird
Name: Pollenstrider
Description: The pollenstrider is a long, lanky bird, similar to the Swampstalker, who use its long legs and beak to get at the nectar high in the flowers of the trees, tapping a mostly unutilized source of food.

Ancestor: Inciviosaurus
Name: Shadefeather
Description: These small Inciviosaurus relatives are vicious little creatures, waiting until after dusk to dark by larger creatures and stick in their sharpened teeth, drinking their blood and stripping off pieces of meat. They hunt in small packs, and never take more from a single creature than it can easily heal, so that they have meals in the future

Ancestor: Chameleon
Name: Flowermaw
Description: Flowermaws are ambush predators of Pollenbrush Crabs, with a brown, belgium looking body and a vibrant head that looks like a flower. These creatures wait, motionless, for a Pollenbrush Crab to literally walk into their mouth. Sometimes, however, this is disadvantageous, as some Flowermaws must scramble to avoid accidentally being stabbed by a Pollenstrider.

Ancestor: Chameleon
Name: Wormscale
Description: This small creatures edges it’s way through the dirt, eating at roots and dead matter. It is absolutely everywhere, being one of the few detrivores to have yet evolve on the Cavern.

I am interested, I don’t know about others

I’m interested, but I am very irregular with posting so I don’t know how much I’d be able to contribute

Well, since people are interested, I have 35 options, some…stranger …than others

Seed World Option
  • Low Gravity World
  • Floating Islands World
  • Shallow Seas World
  • Warm Sea and Magma Barrens/Heated World
  • High Gravity World
  • Randomly Generated Infinite Plane
  • ‘Zero gravity’ asteroid belt with atmosphere
  • Low, purple sea, thick mist, only land is tall pillars
  • A world that is one giant pillar
  • Dystopian world (ruined city)
  • The Labyrinth (Infinite Labyrinth)
  • Earth like planet that orbits a barren rocky planet
  • Earth like planet that orbits the one below this
  • Earth like planet that orbits the one above this
  • Earth like planet that orbits a gas giant
  • Desert planet (no wind, deepest oceans)
  • World covered in Archipelagoes
  • Planet with asteroid field orbiting it
  • Tundra planet
  • Deep oceans only planet
  • Tidally locked intolerable extremes
  • Tidally locked liveable extremes
  • Swamp/mudball planet
  • Hollow Ship (solar powered gro-bulb lights, dirt inside)
  • Earth like planet (1)
  • Earth like artificial planet
  • Torus planet (shaped like a donut)
  • Eternal night planet (warm enough for life tho)
  • Eternal day planet (cold enough for life tho)
  • Gas giant
  • Earth like planet (2)
  • Longer days/seasons
  • Planet constantly raining covered in islands
  • Ice giant
  • Habitable comet w/ seasons

0 voters

Pinging everyone who has participated in this game

@doomlightning @fralegend015 @Deathwake @Hanroz @GodOfKnowledge @UndyingHazard @Nigel @Centarian @zenzonegaming

2 Likes

I know- the return of Nervilla like planet

Jk

1 Like

It appears that even without my vote, ‘zero gravity’ asteroid field with atmosphere has won. I will make that sometime in the near future

What do you mean by the two Earthlike planets above and below? Do you mean above and below ours? If so, would the orbit be tilted relative to ours or would the orbit be parallel? If the orbit is parallel it would get sunlight differently since the sun would be “above” or “below” the center of orbit. I don’t think that would be possible but it would be an interesting reverse of a tidally locked planet! I’d be curious to see what it would be like :slight_smile:

I might want to change my answer, but I don’t know if I can once it’s put in. I don’t know which option I’d pick then, I’d need more details.

Edit: Ah, just missed it. Oh well, this seems like an interesting scenario anyway!

What I meant was that those two planets orbit each other. So ‘the one below’ was the option below that one, and ‘the one above’ is the same thing but reversed

I think it would be interesting to have two separate posts with each and have them running simultaneously but that sounds like a lot of work to handle both at once… but I DO like the idea of a “natural ringworld” like what’s been chosen!

What should we say happened to the caverns? Did the Grox get them?

The Caverns will still be happening, I’ll just be running the two simultaneously. Neither is really all that much work because of how these games are formatted

I think I’ll join the new one, I think it’d be easier for me to keep up with the different species if I’m there from the start. In the mean time, what slots are left in the caverns?

Here you go. I quoted the lists I’m keeping updated above

Ah, okay. I want to keep get the brittle star descendants to sapience but I don’t know how smart or capable they should be at this point. Definitely not as smart as I made the ardistars, you’re right, that’s a big leap before the first extinction. What would you suggest?

I’d probably suggest either some sort of primitive tool use with the Kinetotowers, or more active movement/hunting if you want to start from Brittle Stars near the coast

I tried looking up the kinetotowers with this website’s search engine but I couldn’t find them… I don’t remember what they were like? They sound like a good start. I was hoping to go into the caves, but I don’t know how to do so. Sorry if I seem annoying… I’ve never done anything like this before.

Nah you are good, I’ll link them;

They are within the above post