The Cavern (Seed world Evolution Game)

ancestor: spirit boats
name: lightning boats
mutations: increased luminosity due to ingesting a microbe that uses sulfur to respire and to prevent damage to its cells performing sulfur respiration as well as oxygen respiration resulting in more energy for illuminating the caves from the surface of the water

ancestor: silver shrub
name: silvervine
description: due to the (relatively) bright light of the lightning boats they have increased the amount of chloroplasts per cell and have started living on the cave ceiling

@TwilightWings21 diatoms don’t actually have metal in their cell walls they actually have silica but you could have it so that the diatoms have magnetic particles in their cells, also diatoms are already in the late unicellular stage IRL

I am aware of both facts, however through evolution the diatoms evolved the ability of magnetically attracting one another via incorporation of more metals within their membrane, as said when they evolved magnetic capabilities. (Also, pretty sure silicon is a metal anyway though idk how magnetic it is)

dark atmosphere of the caves was rather interesting. However, removing it is allowed of course.

metalloid

1 Like

For some reason I thought it was over by Barium lol

ancestor: cave diatom
name: stone sinker
adaptations: a porous log shaped colony of diatoms that use partial Sulphur respiration,the diatoms now have their frustules fuse once they bind together to make biting it like biting a rock
diet: sulphur and glowshroom light
habitat: sulphuric caves

ancestor: glow carpet
name: glow tunnels
adaptations: hydrochloric acid glands on their most developed roots because of encountering chlorine bearing rocks and needing to have a way to get rid of chlorine thus causing this subspecies to create glowing tunnels instead of carpets
diet: stone, light, and sulphur
description: a subspecies of glow carpet that has the ability to produce and withstand hydrochloric acid thus causing it to seemingly tunnel down as it grows downwards when gravity stretches it and the tissue dies if it is not within 1 inch of a root
habitat(s): caves, connecting caves, or tunneling down from the nearest chlorine bearing rock

ancestor: pupgrass
name: shadegrass
adaptations: black thylakoids to allow this grass to photosynthesize in the caves with the light of the shrooms, thylakoids are packed closer to the RuBisCO to increase chloroplast efficiency allowing for more glucose production bundles in one chloroplast, the RuBisCO enzyme in this plant is also modified to double it’s speed thus requiring less of it for each amount of thylakoids
description: a sweet, pitch black grass that lives in the caves due to a few pupgrass seeds falling into the caves near a glowtower
habitat: anywhere in the caves with enough light and good enough soil

evolution template i made earlier
ancestor:
name:
adaptations:
diet:
description:
habitat(s):

i accidentally made the post above be a ghost post for me

1 Like

How? What do you mean by a ghost post?

i can easily see the background through it. it is a ghost post i also can’t edit it anymore

1 Like

Above list has been updated, I may make a few more of these guys myself soon to hopefully kickstart some activity

1 Like

it is no longer a ghost post

ancestor: kinetower
name: eusocial stars
adaptations: more complex brain, better radio transmitters and receivers, bigger mouth, slightly ossified oral papillae, hardened spines.
diet: any organism of sufficient size
description: a species of brittle star that has pack tactics but better and uses their spines to rend their food asunder so it can fit in their mouths
habitat(s): caves

@TwilightWings21
i fixed it

1 Like

why is it a ghost post now
why do my comments on this thread keep becoming transparent for me

Are you switching the platform you are using (mobile vs desktop for example?)

i am using the same platform (desktop) and it’s only this thread

ancestor: eusocial stars
name: radio wolf
adaptations: even more complex brain, more types of radio transmitters and receivers, even begger mouth, teeth, photoreceptors.
diet: literally anything that moves
description: a descendant of the eusocial star that has sharp teeth that it uses to kill and eat it’s prey and it has better pack tactics
habitat(s): caves(mostly around glowing mushrooms)

TEMPLATE
ancestor:
name:
adaptations:
diet:
description:
habitat(s):

Ancestor: Brachiosaurus
Common Name: Cave Dracohorse
Mutations: A more agile body plan, at the cost of being smaller. Evolved proto-hair and proto-feathers.
Size: Up to 16.7 feet long and 5.7 feet tall
Habitat: Forested Caves
Diet: Nautiluses, Hawksbill Sea Turtle eggs, Poison Ivies, Dogwood Trees, Glowing Mushrooms, and Pool Sharks
(how’s this for a creature)

1 Like

the bones we have of the brachiosaurus look like they had feathers

I doubted that, but I did some research real quick, and that potentially could be true - Theropods, the second branch other than the sauropodomorphs of the saurischians, had feathers, and so I wouldn’t necessarily be surprised

However, for the purposes of this forum game, let us assume these do not, but I would not be opposed to someone having the brachiosaurus evolve a branch with feathers

Also, just a reminder, I will get back to updating this and the other game, and reviewing the submissions, but currently my free time is used planning a Civ game I’m working on

ancestor: cave copepod
name: luminescent cave copepod
adaptations: kleptoplasty, bigger, stronger feeding appendages, bioluminescence, hydrochloric acid resistance.
diet: glowing mushrooms, dissolved rocks.
description: a cave copepod that steals the chloroplasts and luciferins from bioluminescent fungi and uses the energy from that and eating to grow to the maximum size without blood vessels
habitat(s): lightning boats, glowtunnel pits, partially submerged glow carpets, spirit boats.

ancestor: glowtunnel
name: twisting glowvine
adaptations: stem, acidic secretions from stem, mechanoreception, gravity sensing, melanin around genetic information.
diet: stone, corpses, sulfur, sunlight when possible.
description: a glowing fungus that is white in the absence of light but it has the ability to grow roots down and the ability to dissolve stone to continue growing up and sprouting roots when in contact with rock and a few have grown far enough that they need melanin to continue to grow upwards. this species sends sucrose all the way to the bottom of it’s roots and gets light from the surface to photosynthesize and produces more glucose at the surface where it also grows a glowing fungal carpet and breaks up the stone to get nutrients easier and have more surface area to photosynthesize using light it doesn’t have to spend energy or materials to make but if it starts it’s life at the surface it grows and twists up and down to reach the warm caves and get water and warmth from them while getting lots of light from the surface
habitat(s): from the hottest depths it can withstand to the coldest parts of the surface it can handle

@TwilightWings21

ancestor: stone sinker
name: diatomaceous trellis
adaptations: stronger, more durable, less space between cells, root.
diet: glowvine light, glowvine juice
description: a trellis like organism that grows out of the water from a cluster of diatoms and often becomes a host to twisting glowvines as it provides structural support and nutrients in the beginning of the life of the twisting glowvine and once it reaches the surface the trellis continues to provide structural support making the glowvine be able taller at the cost of some of the light it makes, and some of it’s water, glucose, silica, and phosphorus.
habitat(s): ponds where there is light, inside twisting glowvines

ancestor: cave aphid
name: shroomskin aphid
adaptations: ability to survive inside twisting glowvines from birth to natural death, stomach has more surface area to exchange gasses and waste is excreted back into the twisting glowvine, legs start to retract after a while of feeding off of the same spot on the inside of the twisting glowvine but the young are able to survive far higher light levels than the adults of their predecessors because of the young moving the opposite direction from the end of the twisting glowvine that their predecessors most recently encountered
diet: twisting glowvine sap.
description: a pale species of aphid that, as adults, live inside of twisting glowvines but as children they move between the surface of the glowvine and the inside as a way to travel so they don’t end up killing the glowvine by overfeeding on one spot and they excrete everything they don’t use which is mostly everything but the water back into the fungus to be used later as well as synthesizing chitinase which the glowvines find useful if they are growing in a spot where other fungi lived before them
habitat(s): inside twisting glowvines

ancestor: flutterpuff rail

name: phoenixrail

adaptations: white blood cells are able to grow without splitting if encountering large enough amounts of bacteria that the body is definitely dead or it is no longer in the body, white blood cells are able to produce red blood cells inside themselves if they pass a certain size, once past a certain size any white blood cells that can reach an open area will go to the open area turn into an egg, white blood cells are able to survive in any water above a specific salt content until they are eaten, feathers are fire colored due to sexual selection but do not glow(yet).

diets: random debris and cells smaller than them(as white blood cells), small bugs and leaves.

description: a fire colored relative of the flutterpuff rail that is able to asexually reproduce if cut or killed and not all of it is burned or cooked due to selective pressures from being extremely vulnerable when migrating, the exact method it uses for asexual reproduction is what I’m going to call hematospawning due to the fact that it must bleed or die for this to activate and the cells being used to asexually reproduce are the ameboid cells in its blood called white blood cells. the flutterpuff rail has become fire colored with several breeds for different colors of fire due to sexual selection and its predators fearing fire

description of hematospawning in the phoenixrail: if an ameboid cell in the blood of the organism detects that A. it is no longer in the body, or B. that the body has died, it starts actively hunting down the largest cells it can eat and continues growing but stops splitting while keeping its surface area high enough that it doesn’t experience hypoxia and, past a certain size, starts producing red blood cells to move around oxygen in a modified vacuole that changes its cytoskeleton and grows to prevent areas with too little oxygen (this vacuole decays once capillaries start forming) and constricts a main area every now and then to keep blood cells from forming a clot, after the white blood cell that has been disconnected from any living body reaches the size of the eggs of the phoenixrail it completely surfaces itself and climbs to a spot where it is thoroughly supported to start forming an eggshell around itself and once it’s done with that it separates itself into an egg white with no nuclei and an egg yolk that’s full of nuclei and all of them except the first few to turn into egg nuclei commit seppuku and become part of the egg yolk but the remaining nuclei form the germinal disc and the rest goes as normal for the flutterpuff rail

habitat(s): treetops, plains, pretty much anywhere with leaves and insects