The grossest thing you ever ate?

-̶G̶a̶m̶e̶r̶-̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ -Black eggs. Had them once in a fancy Asian restaurant and I cannot even look at them since. Also, my parents told me that as a child, I would sometimes eat ants. Ew. But my guilty pleasure are boiled chicken hearts with a bit of salt. They taste strangely mysterious. But sometimes they are a bit chewy.

By black eggs, do you mean the small fish eggs (caviar), or literal black chicken eggs, like in the simpsons?

The literal black chicken eggs, caviar is yummy yummy

Aren’t black chicken eggs, chicken eggs but with a different pigment? I have my own chickens at home which lay eggs of brown and white, and they taste no different.

I don’t know, the one in the show was marinated, but I’m not sure.

Here’s a quote from wiki
Century eggs (Chinese: 皮蛋; pinyin: pídàn ), also known as preserved egg , hundred-year egg , thousand-year egg , thousand-year-old egg , millennium egg, skin egg and black egg , are a Chinese preserved food product and delicacy made by preserving duck, chicken or quail eggs in a mixture of clay, ash, salt, quicklime, and rice hulls for several weeks to several months, depending on the method of processing.

Snails. My mom told me that when I was uhh… 1, 2? Maybe 3? I found some snails and slurped them live out of their shells. Or I might have eaten them whole.

Cheese. Cheese and wine (or any alcohol). I always hated comestible products that are results of fermentation. Eww! Cheese is solidified curdled milk! And alcohol tastes too strong! This is so disgusting to me!

oof necropost
@hhyyrylainen smite me

@hhyyrylainen is flagging someone for necroposting a viable option?

Uncultured swine
You will consume man’s greatest invention and you will enjoy it!

2 Likes

No, when it is an on-topic reply.

2 Likes

I FUCKING AGREE.

okay got a bit agressive there i mean i always never liked the idea of cheese in the first place since its basically mouldy food

1 Like

I can tell you aren’t American then.

1 Like

I am asian the opposite of american

Cheese is epic lol, it’s so yummy when combined with tomatoes. Or at least the white cheese. And I know that this may sound kinda bad, but I dare to say that the Bulgarian cheese is the best. :smile:

1 Like

Too bad for this post, then… .

So the grossest thing I ever ate?
I don’t remember clearly but it probably had to do something with beans.

I fu*$ing hate the taste of beans I don’t know why but something about them just repulses me when I get near them. And when I eat beans I usually go drink a cup of water just to nullify the taste. Disgusting.

1 Like

Beans are serious business and deserve to be treated with respect

So the grossest thing i ate? I don’t really remember but i think it was either a plant’s leaf or one of these

They’re just a bit of sausace covered with lots of oil and dough, well my city is bad at making them because i ate them before in a different place and they were good (though it was before i got sick from one of these)

2 Likes

Ah yes corn dogs are also disgusting
I thought they would taste like hot dogs (which are some of my favorite snacks) but they taste nothing like them

I very much dislike strawberries in sushi. Completely destroys the experience.
The worst I ever ate I think was some kind of attempt at making some Polish dish, which ended up as some weird indescribable raw mass that tasted bad and had a disgusting consistency.
The egg sacks of fish or whatever that pink organ near the head, on the lower side is. It has a very very bitter taste, if I remember correctly. Just having touched it with my eating utensil is enough to give it a horrible taste.
There’s also some canteen food I hate. Cold boiled potatoes, with broccoli that’s been boiled for so long that it gained the consistency of potato purée (their version of it is also distasteful, since they use the packaged powder for it, instead of actual potatoes), none of this seasoned, and a fish that’s actually not that bad, as long as you avoid the digestive tract or whatever that black core is, which if you cut into releases a terrible odour, which makes one immediately lose appetite.
There’s been a lot of very bad cuisine in my past, but I’m having a hard time to remember anything else.

2 Likes