THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Then how is it zenzone has successfully posted 5 times in a row?

This was when he started joking about “Bore ragnarok”.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be possible. Do you have a link?
I’ve not seen anyone post more than 3 times in a row, and also the person who usually posted the PUs here was simply unable to post more than 3 in a row before being made a moderator.

Maybe people deleted the posts In between?

I just looked over the thread where i think blackjacksike was tallking about but i don’t see any post with 3 or more in a row.

It should be around here:

1 Like

Or maybe he was secret mod and no one knew

AFAIK the cooldown doesn’t apply to the creators of the threads.

That sounds like a plausible explanation.

Me hanging out with people watching a movie when I’m actually trying to figure out how to solve one of my noob programs

Where does this image come from?

It came from a Brazilian tv show, specifically this clip,

or this gif(jif)

1 Like

Oh, the soap opera where the villain steals babies and throws people down the stairs.

2 Likes

Quick question: Can WiFi 6 devices connect to WiFi 5?

Wi-Fi 6 routers will support Wi-Fi 5 devices just fine, though the latter will run at their rated 802.11ac speeds. Similarly, Wi-Fi 6 devices can still talk to a Wi-Fi 5 router, though again, their throughput will be constrained and most of the advanced features mentioned above will be disabled until they can find supporting devices.

As usual, Wi-Fi 6 devices are backward compatible with previous generations of Wi-Fi. You can get a phone with Wi-Fi 6 and connect it to your Wi-Fi 5 or Wi-Fi 4 router. You can get a router with Wi-Fi 6 and connect your older Wi-Fi devices to it, too.

Wi-Fi 6 devices (such as smartphones and laptops) can also connect to WiFi 4 and WiFi 5 routers. So, you won’t need to upgrade your devices if you get a Wi-Fi 6 router, and you won’t need to upgrade your router if you get new devices that support Wi-Fi 6.

If you are wondering about if WI-FI 5 devices can connect to WI-FI 6 Routers:

WiFi 6 routers are 100% backwards compatible with WiFi 5 and older WiFi devices. While you may not get to experience WiFi 6 from day one, you can make sure that your network is ready for new devices with WiFi 6 sooner than later.

Though Wi-Fi 6 is backwards compatible with the older 802.11ac (Wi-Fi 5), you’ll need a Wi-Fi 6 capable device to take advantage of everything we’ve listed here. As Wi-Fi 6 increasingly becomes the standard over the next few years, newer devices will start incorporating the technology, and it will become the new normal.

Wi-Fi 6 is designed to be backwards compatible with previous standards. That means that the vast majority of Wi-Fi products you have in your home probably work with a Wi-Fi 6 network, although almost none of them support 802.11ax themselves.

1 Like

Good, because I heard that AMD is gonna get a new socket for Ryzen CPUs this year, although it was mentioned that AM4 users can still upgrade to those new CPUs of theirs. I also have received intelligence that DDR5 RAM is coming and I was considering the upgrade of my motherboard when the new socket comes out despite my WiFi 5 router.

I do hope that there will be less scalpers and more components available this time around.

1 Like

It’s already here. Intel’s latest released CPUs really want DDR5, and their performance is quite a bit lower when running with DDR4.

As far as I’ve seen there’s been no scalping of motherboards or CPUs. Though, there will likely be some CPU shortages, but it should be in no way near anything as bad as what happened to GPUs.

I was actually talking about GPUs too, forgot to mention that. In actuality, I might construct a new PC at this point. I’m waiting for the RTX 4080 to come out, which should cost 1200$ CDN (tax included) or less if the chip shortage is reduced.

However, I am confident that I won’t upgrade to Windows 11 (eww). When W10 support ends, I might as well go to Linux if W11 hasn’t improved compatibility. I feel that as time goes on, Microsoft cares less and less about old technologies & compatibility.

1 Like

I kinda doubt that. Though maybe the really low end GPUs AMD and nvidia announced now are bad enough for crypto that they won’t get bought for that, then just there needs to be hope that scalping is not a thing…

I’ve thought about the same thing. Namely that I don’t want to have to buy a new computer just to get a stupic TPM lockdown chip that Microsoft wants to push on people. At least if Thrive only supports Windows 10 officially in a couple of years then maybe even the last stragglers would have at least Windows 10, maybe I don’t need Windows 11 “supported” hardware.

1 Like

TIL that blackjacksike said:"P.S.: TIL that RoboBomb said “TIL that QuantumCrab said “TIL that RoboRomb said “TIL that Boops boops exist, thanks to Biologicah”””

TIL I am the very definition of a troll…

a troll who appreciates physics…

:flushed:

I think I’m going to stick with W10 till 2025, which is when I’m going to switch to Linux (probably Mint/LDME) unless W11 becomes more accessible. What belgiumes me off even more is that Windows seems to want the user to create an account. In W11, it is apparently mandatory to have an account. While I’m at it, I might speak about Visual Studio. In my younger years, it never asked me to have an account. Now, I’m forced to have an account, otherwise VS is shutting down.

When I switch to Linux, how the hell am I supposed to program in C#? Mono is outdated as it can only allow one to use C# 5. C# 10 seems a lot more appealing to me as it doesn’t require me to declare a class for the main program.

C# 5

using System;

namespace Application
{
    class HelloWorld
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");
        }
    }
}

C# 10

Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");

See? C# 10 can do the same thing as C# 5 with less lines of code. Unless there is a way to use C# 10 or VS in Linux that I don’t know.