THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

I was actually kind of surprised they added a new armour, but the way you obtain it feels a little bit like those ore mods, probably because it was so overdone it’s a staple for new minerals.

uhh… there are ghosts

1 Like

hey blackjacksike why do you reply by email. just wondering?

Yes. I don’t think it counts if you share a link in another thread. I’m not sure but it might also not count if the user clicking your link is logged into the forums, but I’m not sure about that.

I think that the person trying to steal the SCP name should get punished for trying to ruin a good community thing going on.

Not sure what’s up with that, the group settings say that the membership info for that group should be public. I can see the group members just fine.

1 Like
Because some of the users here live in Europe, which means that 16:00 for them is actually 10:00 for me. Sometimes, I get notified in the morning when I just wake up. So instead of taking the time to log in, I just reply by email with my phone. It’s quicker. I log in when I come back from college.
The only problem with me replying that early is that my reply wouldn’t be the same as if I reply during the day or at dusk. It’s easier for me to get discouraged during the morning, which is why I said “I’m screwed” earlier. It was also because I wasn’t sure if I should have continued the discussion and that my explanation for ‘martial law’ decision would have been too long (at least in my morningly perception).

But now that my perception is restored, I may explain it in a few words.

First off, I was specifically

i just reloaded the page and it worked. I did it multiple times and reloading the page seemed to work

My web series now has its own subreddit!
What does it have? Not much. But as the series grows, hopefully the subreddit will too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/elbertseries/

3 Likes

Happy birthday @RoboRomb!

1 Like

i already posted that on the B-day thread.

1 Like

I just want to take a second to tell you how impressed I am with the design of these forums. Granted I don’t have a ton of experience with different forums and their design but I think the thrive community forum seems like one of the more intuitive yet feature rich forums I’ve encountered. Especially considering the size of the community and the dev-team.

2 Likes

Thanks. Finally someone appreciates the “new” forums (I suppose it’s been more than 2 years already, so maybe I should stop saying new). This forum uses https://www.discourse.org/ software with a theme customized by me and oliver. The dev forum is a plain discourse install.

Also nice to see some patron use these forums. Because most of them don’t, I’m going to have to write a Patreon auth option for the devcenter.

2 Likes

Well I like the new forums.

Sorry for the poll I made long ago.

I didn’t expect that kind of result.

so while making a poll, i noticed a new option, allowed groups. so now you can choose which group can vote on a poll, here’s an example:

• something
  • somehow
  • somewhere

0 voters

here only people in ascended can vote.

I swear when I ascend I’m gonna return here and vote

3 Likes

That’s probably a new feature. I haven’t noticed that when making polls before.

A bit weird that people can create polls that they can’t vote in, but there doesn’t seem to be an option in discourse to enforce such a thing.

1 Like

Speaking of discourse, I noticed using [justify] function in shoutbox doesn’t work anymore.

As I’m writing, I’m noticing that’s the WHOLE DISCOURSE FORUM THAT CAN’T USE JUSTIFY.

There’s no way to make the text look better now. Damn! It must be fixed!

There’s no formatting anymore! What happened?

I still have yet to make it to Spacefaring, darn it, I haven’t been active on the forums lately.

1 Like

Nobody has made it to Ascended yet.

I guess it was removed in the latest discourse updates but I couldn’t find any discussion about it.

To be honest, there was no reason to remove it. Now, all my previous posts look disorganized.

Dang it! Discourse, why are you doing this?

EDIT: Even this (https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_p_align.asp) doesn’t work!