THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Burn the bot!!!
It turned me into a newt … I got better.

What kind of worldbuilding?

By the way, I see you changed your pfp again.

It’s a hard science techno-thriller about artificial intelligence, faster-than-light travel, warfare, and the multiverse. It’s depressing, but not completely hopeless.

now thats really interesting.

1 Like

The last story you made was entirely hopeless because humans lost in the end.

2 Likes

That story is part of this story.

Is this due to the multiverse?

It’s part of the timeline, and it’s pretty much a snippet of the world I’m building. The reason I’m including Humans is to show how callous and devastating the Umbruke are.

can you show it to us?

And what about the enslaved species? Also you talked about AI. There are bots, right?

The Eek’zel, Shunzop, Dakunzu, and Kryzirnk are machines. The Eek’zel established the Ascendancy and assimilated the others after wiping out their creators.

So your world is quite the dystopia.

If patriarchal culture is dystopian, so is matriarchal culture.
EDIT: Too bad I can’t edit my e-mail replies… or can I?

Females are expected to be obedient and submissive, socially and by law (in the Senexderu’s case).

My point was that it would be the same in a matriarchy.

Okay.

(twenty characters)

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’m trying to farm posts by increasing the artificial post count.

How independent is this AI? Is it self aware? Does it take its own decisions? Or is it all “The Judgment”? Were the consciousnesses that constitute The Judgement once biological? And how did this transition happen? What things-the-citizens-are-not-supposed-to-see are we talking about? What makes The Judgement so concerned that people see may it? Why would a collective consciousness, living in a computer, that can live in a perfect artificial environment virtually forever be interested in spending energy into reppressing some biological creatures or what you are labeling as “being disregardful towards the environment” when they could live out of star energy until the heat death of the Universe?

(Sorry if I sound harsh, or am basing myself on wrong assumptions here)

1 Like
That’s the point, you’ll have to choose…

slaps blackjacksike

…I mean, your Universe needs more details @RoboRomb. It needs to be accurate instead of simply saying things like “if they looked at something they shouldn’t have,” which is too vague unfortunately.
Imagine your readers as gods. They can go anywhere they want in your Universe and observe everything they want to. If a detail is too vague, all they’ll see would be a blur. They won’t know what they’re looking at. The more precise are the details you give, the better.
But keep up with the work, your effort will be worth it. By the way, do you plan on becoming a Sci-Fi writer? Just curious, you know.

Yeah, I do. I’ve a few stories I plan on turning into novels, as a matter of fact. There’s one about a god-like artificial superintelligence that billions of people worship. There’s another about an advanced extraterrestrial species called Galmagarug invading Earth in the 1950s and establishing several enclaves in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. The territorial ‘governor’ for Galmagarug-controlled enclaves in the U.S is Glugop, who ends up uncovering a conspiracy to launch a second invasion on the rest of the country.

Galmagarug