THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Did you have thought already, about
“What if Will Wright discovers thrive” or if he already knows " What does he think about it"?
If one of the answers is true, please send me a link of where did you get the information.
Im very curious about this possibilities

He probably doesn’t know. If he knew then he might help or he just doesn’t really care anymore.

@MechanicalPumpkin you have literally invaded the forums

I’m getting a strange sense of deja vu

RoboRomb flashbacks perhaps?

2 Likes
Today, I learned that System Shock 3 and its franchise was given from OtherSide Entertainment to Tencent (company owning Epic Games). Damn it! Seriously, how could this happen? I know the development was far behind the deadline, but they didn’t have to sell it to Tencent! Between killing my project and giving it to the devil, I’d choose the former even if it means the waste of all funds spent on it.

https://steamcommunity.com/news/post/3112496281289015983

EDIT: How about another joke, Tencent? What do you get when you steal games, bribe other video game companies and trying to get trash exclusivity? I’ll tell you what you get! You get what you :belgium:ing deserve!

Tencent goes bankrupt

Was that a Joker reference? Also I have no idea what you’re talking about but I am already feeling a sense of dread when you mentioned that System Shock 3 was handed to the company that owned Epic Games…

Yes, it was.

Yes, I feel angry that the System Shock franchise, which is one of the best game franchise in history, was given to a corrupt Chinese company that owns Epic Games and pay other companies for game exclusivity. It’s a complete mess and waste of quality.

Whenever Thrive is mentioned in a video, there are always people in the comments saying that it will never be completed. What they don’t realize is that the only reason why is because it doesn’t have enough developers to actually speed up progress.

But that is the problem. I think i can get depression every time i think about it.
Thrive is a very ambitious project, developed by volunteers and pashion. Its like an ant made of cells, but every cell of it can join the ant or leave when they want to. And worse: the ant needs to walk a VERY LONG distance to accomplish its purpose. I feel sad asb (as belgium)
I started to feel like this, yesterday. :pensive: :f:

I know right? But I have faith in the developers. They’ve already achieved more than I expected, so who knows? This may be the timeline where Thrive truly has the potential to be completed.

Yeah its a good point. The point that always gave me hope.
And we have to assume, for a project made of volunteers and pashion, they got VERY far.
Im very proud of our ant cells!

I have a hunch, a prophecy, that the multicell stage will start having work in early 2021. Can a dev confirm this for me? :thinking: :no_mouth:

1 Like

I think the devs already made a few prototypes for the second stage and plus in multicellular stage, 80% of the content is already implemented so yeah that could be plausible.

Thats exactly what i think too.
And can you really program, pumpkin? Why not contribute to the project? Help the ant walk a bit faster?

I wish I could, but I cannot program in C++ or Angelscript. I know a bit of Python, but pretty much everyone does so…

The point is I will work on the project, but I still have to learn about the languages the game uses.

Actually its C#
I dont have programming skills, though.
The bigger things i did was projects in something that begins with s and ends with cratch (what a shame lovat) and some programs in html, like a calculator and a memory burst that opens infinite things until crash your friends computer.

2 Likes

Better than anything I ever did to be honest.

1 Like

I am going to start making a video game that i need help with (because I do not now how to program).
will anyone join?

• yes
  • also yes

0 voters

I will tell people about the project in a private post after they say yes.

2 Likes

What language will it be in?

please respond i want to know what will happen with it