THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

I should be cooking for a project in school. Yall are unlucky having to write essays

Cooking? Are you going to a Chef school or taking courses or something?

No, just making traditional Igbo food for an AP World project about West African cultures

Oh, okay! I wish I got cook for school

me, who just looked up west african food:

oh wow that actually looks good

It does look really tasty!

Correction from earlier: Iā€™m making Yoruba food, not Igbo food

If you want to look it up: Im making Asun and Kokoro (make sure to put Yoruba Food after to ensure you get the right thing)

That looks odd but yummy. Itā€™s the long thin brown food, right?

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m Sentient and a member now!
Hopefully I can be a Spacefaring regular eventually.
(Or maybe even an Ascended leader?)

1 Like
tangent

nuclear power is insanely safe compared to coal, it produces extremely little waste, produces extreme amounts of power, has a very low carbon footprint (though i donā€™t really think that matters tbh), can run 24/7, and can even be powered for years with only a handful of fuel.

in actuality a lot of the ā€œenvironmentally friendlyā€ alternatives are anything but, solar needs rare minerals that need massive quarries to obtain, only works half the time (less if itā€™s cloudy), takes up large amounts of space and have a pretty limited lifespan before they need to be replaced (their batteries are also very toxic once they break and they canā€™t be recycled once they break down).

much of the same problem with wind power, they also seems to leak toxic gasses into the air as they spin (not sure about it but iā€™ve heard about it).

and of course coal spews toxic smog into the air, which wasnā€™t too bad until nuclear was developed (as it was either have toxic fumes in the air or have no power).

really the way forward is nuclear energy, despite how most people instinctively recoil, and for fairly good reason considering their history, however there have been a lot of developments in making nuclear energy safer and can only meltdown if heavily mismanaged.

ultimately nuclear power is the way to go until we figure out fusion energy or some unthought of energy source.
sorry for the tangent i just felt like sharing a few things i knew.

4 Likes

Very true. To add to what you said, nuclear waste isnā€™t as much of an issue anymore. A lot of it can be recycled, and what canā€™t be recycled can be safely buried far underground, where itā€™ll eventually decay into lead.

This is unrelated to nuclear power, but I found this interesting article about LUCA. Maybe give it a read if you have the time.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6095482/

To everyone who explained to me in detail why nuclear energy is safe:

Yes, I know itā€™s very safe, but I have a kind of trauma from it because when I was a child, I used to see images of Chernobyl on bing (Yes, I know, I was a strange child)

i get it, i know planes are very safe but iā€™m terrified of flying.
i know itā€™s statistically safer than any other mode of transport but i am very afraid of heights, to the point where i have troubles with going up and down the stairs (not actual troubles just slight inner panic at the prospect of falling).
itā€™s usually okay once i get up in the air but takeoff is rough.

1 Like

Huh

Iā€™m the most afraid of heights I know (sometimes I can barely look down at my school without getting dizzy) but when Iā€™m on a plane Iā€™m like ā€œHaha fly go brrrrā€

1 Like

I finally fixed some of the styling on the ā€œlast visitā€ indicator and the how many months gap there is between posts.

1 Like

It isnt menacing anymore.

1 Like

I discovered how to make bold text! You have to put it in <b></b>! Example <b><b><b>bold</b></b></b> gives bold!!!

belgium itā€™s works

1 Like

You can also use <s></s> to make crossed out text!

I think you just do this for strikethrough;

(Two ~ on either side of crossed out section.)