THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

this is a poll for people who want to join the pm and be notified when i update my forum game

• iā€™ll join

0 voters

The Apple IIc works!

6 Likes

is it more feasible to try to make it so we can choose if we are right hatted or left hatted?

Yes, but would require a custom discourse plugin to:

1. Store that info in the user profile (and have the UI necessary to select)
  2. Adjust the thread rendering to add custom classes based on the option for the user so that the hat graphic can switch direction.

Step 1 is already way too complicated for me as I have barely a tiny bit of experience in extending discourse.

2 Likes

i was like: ā€œwait a second, thats not a correct system in algebraā€
then i realized that for a computer YOU kinda have to code the rules, not follow them ( i think)

That depends. High school terms last for one school year. College and university terms last between 13 and 15 weeks (16th week being the exam week in my college).

Look at you, Hacker.

Yesterday, I read a reddit thread about how Garry Newman doesnā€™t want S&box to natively run linux and both sides of the controversy (pro-linux and anti-linux aside) seemed quite toxic. Iā€™m still kind of shocked he doesnā€™t want to put any effort into it as Proton barely runs that game apparently.

@hhyyrylainen, I just noticed that I canā€™t see the monthly donations on Patreon anymore. I also read that you are now an employee, so which goal has been achieved? The part-time one or the full time one?

2 Likes

Well I didnā€™t change any options and if I open this page in a private window: Revolutionary Games | creating Thrive - an open source game about evolution | Patreon I can see the goals and the current monthly total.

None of the part time or full time goals was reached on Patreon. Steam is the one picking up the slack in a major way. The Patreon growth seems about stuck so I donā€™t really expect it to ever really hit the guaranteed employee goals so weā€™ll rely on the pretty uneven Steam sales in the future.

1 Like

Hmmmm, Appears that r/spore removed that anti-thrive hate post

i have a YouTube channel and want to start on an upload schedule but donā€™t know what it should be. i record thrive and Minecraft videos for it

1 Like

I think daily uploads, always at the same time, is pretty much the gold standard for Youtube channels

3 Likes

i mean what days should i upload which videos

Usually videos of the same ā€œseriesā€ are uploaded on the same day of the week, or all videos of one series are put out in sequence on following days.

1 Like

I havenā€™t been on the forums for a couple of weeksā€¦

And the minecraft vs roblox discussion still goes on

Where? I thought it was closed / moved to a thread that became inactive a while ago.

in the zenzone crazy topics, but it seems that now the discussion has evolved into a minecraft :handshake:terraria

1 Like

there is one open spot in my forum game about evolution in a science fantasy world but i can have up to 8 people if anyone wants to join

It was mentioned in the anniversary thread that these forums are now 5 years old, which means that these forums have now definitely been the longest running weā€™ve had. Always in the past some free forum hosting has been used which has turned to spam or otherwise caused issues.

7 Likes

who is the founder of thrive, just wondering

Well you see, it all started when someone decided to post something on the spore forums in order to spark competition to try to get EA to make spore better.
The rest is history.

1 Like

Well Sven created the initial hoax that created Evolution! that was the precursor to Thrive.

So I guess you could consider him the founderā€¦

Seregon created the repo in 2012 so he could also be considered the founder.

This post from oliveriver also list some important early members

This archive of the very old Evolution! forum also shows that ParadoxJuice was a co-coordinator of the Evolution! project and combine that with The Uteen account I can guess that he probably had a hand with the first thrive forum move

So TL;DR: Thereā€™s not really one founder for thrive but a lot of important early people

5 Likes