THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

Seems like no one has noticed yet that that screenshot is spoilers for non-Patrons…

Also

Very suspicious.

3 Likes

He’s trying to create an underwater civilization!
Warning!

When I finally get out of my depression, I’ll start testing Thrive again.

uh oh

the last visit “im going to kill you family and all peoples that you love and then hide the bodies” is back

Thats a joke hh not ban me pwease

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Minecraft Talk

@hhyyrylainen, what is the language for Discourse plugins?

Ruby and javascript

There’s a tutorial here:

If something can be written in Javascript, it will eventually be written in Javascript.

I love Fireship’s videos.

1 Like

ARE YOU PLANNING ON MAKING A PLUGIN FOR MULTIPLE REACTIONS UNDER ONE POST??? :scream:

Except the Discourse backend, and all of the web apps I’ve started, and, and…

JS is just so terrible that anyone who knows better won’t use it unless absolutely required and even then just the minimal amount.

Which one is better?
  • Java
  • JavaScript

0 voters

wait

java isnt a shorthand for javascript?

Java is a programming language.
Javascript is a scripting language.

Shorthand for Javascript would be JS.

programming and scripting arent the same thing???

1 Like

I get your confusion. I found that out just a few hours ago.

2 Likes

Is it just me or did the users page stop working?

Yesterday was the 10 Year anniversary of the infamous ‘Thrive Reddit Boom’

I meant to post this yesterday but i forgot…

7 Likes

There’s really few languages that are truly “scripting” only. Node shows that JavaScript can be used for fullstack applications with the backend definitely being more software engineering than just “scripting”.

It does look like it. I recently (in the last few days) installed a Discourse update so that is probably why.

I feel bad not just for the Gmod community, but also for the dev who worked hard for his addon only to receive hateful comments, worsening his mental condition.